It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does "flagging" do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
What does it do? What is it for?

I think I completely forgot about this -

Any input is appreciated,

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

If you look at the top of the page you will see threads and PodCasts that have been flagged, by members. It a way for the members to say hey this is a good thread check it out

[edit on 19/11/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
and thus I flag...and this will be a one liner...so i must add text as such i have added this sentence which literally says nothing.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by amillion2juan

One line post warnings are not really about posting one line. Technically I can post one line consisting of five words and rest easy knowing I won't get a point deduction for it, so long as it's on topic. I have been given a warning for a three-sentence post that's basically a paragraph in it's own right, because it didn't add anything to the discussion. And that, is what the whole one-line post warning is all about.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
So, if thread gets enough flags and it will appear on the front page? How many flags are needed for it to pop up on front page?

Thanks

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Click the 'board' button at the top of the page, then scroll down and look on the left. The most flagged threads in the past 24 hours are shown there as well.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Ok thanks AcesInTheHole, what about the threads on the home page under the "hottest topics right now"? How does a thread get to be on home page and be a "hottest topic"?

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

That I believe has got to do with the number of replies the thread gets. I'm not sure if there is a specific formula like replies/views or replies/time.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Well....can you make up a formula or guess???

top topics

join