It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critics Assail Weak Dollar at Rare OPEC Event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Criticism of the Dollar Clouds OPEC Event

www.nytimes.com

“The dollar is in free fall, everyone should be worried about it,” Mr. Chávez told reporters here. “The fall of the dollar is not the fall of the dollar — it’s the fall of the American empire.”

During a news conference after the meeting, Mr. Ahmadinejad added: “The U.S. dollar has no economic value.”

It is only the third time in OPEC’s 47-year history that such a high-level meeting has taken place.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Wow, quite the controversial meeting going down there. Ecuador, is a new member and a few disagreements over final wording of their 'statement' is outlined in this news article.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Of course the US is going down. The US dollar is dead and dying more everyday. The US empire is over. Sorry. The plan laid by the globalists is near completion. After the fall of the US, it's the formation of the NAU and then the world government can take place and China will be the model for the world. One child policy, ect...

Unless Ron Paul is elected or there some sort of revolution, we'll have to go throught either war or slavery. And I will not be enslaved, nor will a lot of americans, europeans and canadians.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yeah, total police state to the U.S. soon seems inevitable w/ some of the stories just in the last few months.

As per OPEC and the U.S. -- I was reading about the Iran Oil Bourse and it seems like they're trading in mainly non-U.S. currencies since Sept. when Japan signed on for that program. This is the time it seems to be hitting, as in, the dollar -- how low can it go? Any guesses?

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If Ron Paul is elected we may still have to go through a war, probably against the rest of the planet. I have been thinking about this recently. If there are catalysts being set intentionally to bring down the US, then a President Paul would have to face the powers that set them. So either we have an assassination, civil war, or even a world war as the world is aligned against us. My personal opinion is we will face a crisis no matter what. The choice is will we be part of the problem or part of the solution. I would rather be part of the solution, so hopefully Ron Paul gets the support he needs to become President and face the coming crisis.

[edit on 18/11/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Should we get these criminals out of office prematurely, we could avoid a "crisis" that you speak of Commander. Whereas, they finish the term -- I don't think wondering about Paul v ? will matter much yet.

*They* are set out to destroy America, so in the meantime, let's keep watchdog status on Drug Jr & Oil Cheney. Spouting nonsense about WW3 is 'all' they've been doing lately. They're bored, without war, they don't know what to do.

Which is why the monster himself, Cheney is "falling asleep" at meetings. NBC, etc won't tell you that's a self-induced coma from his health/heart condition(s).

Back to the dollar's stature in the world. You got Mr. Hardline Iran telling a pretty big oil consortium it's "worthless" and Chavez, well, I have my doubts about his "hardline" stance while he's selling oil to the U.S. Third largest, stats from the gov't no less!

www.state.gov...

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
There seems to be a lot of people with strong faith in Ron Paul, but I remain unconvinced that anyone who attains office will have any power in the face of the Lobiests, FedReserve, bankers, and various other forms of Big Money control.

How can any man, no matter how noble his intent, stand up against organizations that can bankrupt the country or remove you from office by manipulating public opinion via the mass-media?

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

Agreed. Yet, I can't not see some wild election times ahead, should rival Republican candidates go into the 'Ghouliani skeleton closet' and grill him, which is where I see Ron Paul, then, sticking out... S11 'truthers' should start attacking the Ghoul, Hill and Obama as to their political records. Obviously, the Ghoul has been trying to take the offensive on S11, but I don't see them 'playing nice' all the way through, should questions NOT arise about the 'radios' on S11 -- Ghouliani is a "picked" British agent. Yeah, seriously, and they're all going to "play nice" until general election time? Preposterous, the U.S. can't go on like this w/ 'bad' people in politics.

It's easy to find out information about these peoples' true, accurate histories, and that has to be done before the USD and deficit worsens. Like Dennis K. is saying, "impeach them now." He's freaking reaching out to UFO believers like most of the thousands of people that visit this board -- get behind him!

Once the general public knows Mitt Romney is a Mormon, his general 'vibe' at the polls will decrease. Fred Thompson? Who's left?

top topics

join