It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've had colds, I've had flus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Why, oh why, Beachcoma in the time of these people's needs do you have me laughing OL over here?!?!

Too much garlic -- good question, here's where I usually turn to Peterson's Field Guides: (reaches into 'library' -- bookshelf in the kitchen, ahem, follows index to pg 36, one sentence warning, mind you there's usually numerous 'warnings' for herbs, this is far from controversial IMHO)

The essential oil extracted from the bulbs is extremely concentrated and can be irritating.

on the edit: I really should find these beneficial properties page somewhere online, it's amazing what this does for you, and it's being tested throughout the world for numerous conditions... wow... everytime I read about garlic... in the uses listing per herb in this book (Medicinal Plants & Herbs) there's usually a couple of sentences, paragraphs average, this is something else for garlic...

Petersons Field Guide @ Amazon for $9.50 (before shipping)

Garlic @ Wiki

Wiki really should chill in their warnings page, I know, I know, you can go in and write something "else" but I've trusted Peterson's for over 30 years since it's a 'respected' field guide for those into 'nature' -- Wiki does go on about how it's beneficial and have one line in their warning where it says it's not 'damaging' in the long run...

[edit on 18-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Sorry DG, I hope you feel better soon. Saying a prayer for you now. Pass me the codiene stuff LOL.
For whatever reason I believe you have a very kind soul. Thanks DG
Beachcoma be nicy! I can only imagine the garlic OD thing. ROFL. You always make me laugh, which is very agreeable at this time. Chicken is thawing in fridge, going to make some Jewish penicillin that will take moles off a mole. Lots of onion, garlic. Stupid bugs. You are going down.
[edit on 19-11-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Thanks, sweetie, and i will say a prayer for you. I'm not any better even with all these meds and i have until Wednesday to return to work in tip top shape or i'm a gonner. I hate stress on top of the wheezing sneezing, coughing, and something happened this morning i didnt like at all

My cell phone went off (the alarm) and i bolted out of bed and fell right on my ars. That never happened before, i am hoping its the meds and not that i'm getting worse...:shk: I didnt mean to take the spotlight off you by telling you my troubles, but i'm persona non grata right now everywhere, people just dont want a potential typhoid Mary around...

I will raise my spoon to you filled with codeine right now in a toast that we both get well soon!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
No need for apology DG. I have the 'good fortune' myself of finding new employment if this thing doesn't kill me first. Be careful sweety. Peace and Light. I can most relate to the thyphoid Mary thing. I'm typhoid Jerry now. Get better hun, that's an order.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

...wanted to check in and see how you're feeling today JPM... :w:

...stay hydrated!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Thanks anhinga, worser than the day before. Going back to Dr in the morrow. It's ok, I'll beat this. Thank you. My dogs are particularly unhappy with me for no walky time. I'll make it up to them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join