It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dugway Proving Ground and the German Village

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PORCUPINEPIE

Unfortunately in this case the degree of separation is most likely further than 6 degrees. I was definately born after your time there. I grew up in Salt Lake City nearby and quite frankly havn't found my way out of this town yet. The funny thing about Dugway is there are a whole host of recreation areas located around it's border.

Kinda funny the BLM would designate areas for camping, hiking, target shooting, fishing and what-not, right next to a military test range. Other than seeing those convoys the closest connection I have to Dugway would be an uncle that almost served there. However he was transferred to Korea instead to serve in that war. He got a purple heart for surviving the battle for I believe "Hill 82". I may be mistaken because he rarely talks about that time of his life.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Does anyone know if there are pictures anywhere of these buildings?

Not knowing anything other than what I've read here I agree it seems very strange to go to all the trouble of making a detailed reproduction of german buildings under the guise of bomb targets.

Maybe they were keeping people there and telling them they were still in germany. Someone could be captured in berlin, drugged and flown to the US where they could be kept in these perfect copies of german buildings for interrogation etc Maybe they were even used as safe houses and the occupants were told they were still in berlin and not allowed to go outside etc..

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
German Village still stands. It's listed as a historical place with the U.S. Goverment. It looks pretty shabby today, with its brick walls developing cracks.
Until about 10 years ago it was used to train government and civilian law enforcement members how to recognize and deal with a chemical or biological weapons lab, as might be encountered during a raid.
Police, firefighters, haz-mat crews and others need to be able to know how a chem/bio lab, created by terrorists, would differ from a meth lab, for example.
Phony, inactive labs -- using commonly available material -- were created in a couple of its rooms as examples. Various scenarios were played out with these phony chem/bio labs to train first-responders.
At no time were actual agents used.
The German Village building became too unstable and it was boarded up, closed to further use. Another facility is used to train first-responders.
German Village was initially created to test incendiary devices; that is, bombs and other items that caused fires.
The incendiary devices used in the bombing of Dresden and other enemy targets were tested at German Village.
During World War II there was a Japanese village next to German Village. It was made of wood -- typical Japanese construction at the time -- and didn't last beyond a test or two. Nothing remains of Japanese Village.
There is no big secret to German Village. It's no longer used. It continues to deteriorate and its fate is uncertain. I doubt very much that any money will be put into its refurbishment, since it would never be open to the public and it could not be used for anything.
Why refurbish an old building that no one can visit?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Text Black Did anyone know the Gang or Vorwaller families? Bob Gang taught Chemistry at the High school, and at Dugway. Mr. Vorwaller was an accountant at Dugway. Mr. Vorwaller son, Allen died five years ago of multiple types of cancer. His wife Bonnie believes this was due to the multiple exposures over time to the VX and other nerve agents as well as chemical and nuclear testing. At least one sixth grade class had to have their thyroids removed because they had been overly exposed to radiation. It seemed to be common and acceptable that children were born malformed or still born.
Laurie Brandt
Austin TX

top topics

<< 1   >>

join