It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police think a person may have sneaked into imploded hotel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Houston police are investigating the possibility that someone may have been inside the Crowne Plaza Hotel when it was imploded last weekend.

"We got a lead that someone might have sneaked into the building before the implosion and might have been there when it imploded," said John Cannon, spokesman for the Houston Police Department. "It's too early to tell if that's true."

Houston Chronicle Link

A TV news story showed a video of a door closing as the demolition began.

They'll be digging through rubble in a search instead of just cleaning up.

I wondering if the blasts caused a door to move or someone was really in the building. If it was a person I have to wonder what they were thinking.

[edit on 11/15/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
If it was a person I have to wonder what they were thinking.

Probably something along the lines of,
"Hmm, all this wire in here it's gutted, I wonder what...*BOOOOOOOM*"

Sucks if someone was in there, but you can't tell me it wasn't posted somewhere near, more than likely all around the site, that it was a blast site.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The story didn't go in to the security details but the documentaries on these events usually speak of many warnings and checks of the building.

There are always those who bypass rules as they aren't for them to follow. Even if it were someone who had be sleeping there I would have thought with the activity they would have vacated at least for a short period.

My theory is someone thinks the video shows an occupant because of the door. They didn't stated who brought it up or shot the video.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Yeah, I read about it earlier, some say they saw a shadow.

The door thing also. But I did read somewhere (I think cnn) that a police dog had a hit on a spot in the rubble, so whether that means anything or not time will tell.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If this is true my first thought would be a suicide in the first instance, second thought would be a mentally ill person, possibly totally oblivious to danger.

3rd possibility - guest left their i-pod in the room

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
One would think that a perimeter would be set up to prevent an 'easy' sneak into the building without evidence left behind (cut fence, etc.). Hopefully a reporter will investigate that angle.

May be this a 'Darwin Award' nomination.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
or said person knew the building was going down and committed suicide this way. ouch!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It definitely looks like a person.

Watch this video

There on the middle balcony type thing basically in the middle of the video screen. It'll show a close up after the building implodes.

That dark object right there is what to look at. The object moves and seems to slip into a doorway and shut the door.

Some dogs smelled human blood also:

Sniffing dogs that detected the scent of human blood Wednesday returned with their owners Thursday.

The owners have no doubt the dogs are sensing human blood, but officials say the blood could simply have come from a workman’s minor cut.

KHOU.com

Awful thing to see.

[edit on 11/15/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
its hard to tell but i think it was just a door swinging shut after some of the explosives started rattling the whole place. i hope they dont find some poor sap who wandered in there by accident though.

new topics

top topics

join