It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Violates Chemical Weapons Convention - 2000+ CW Deployed In Iraq

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 14/11/2007 by Mirthful Me]

Sorry...

here are my links

wiki "cs gas" en.wikipedia.org...
wiki "white phosphorus" en.wikipedia.org...
globalsecurity "white phosphorus" www.globalsecurity.org...
wiki "box cutter" en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by augoldminer
Terrorist are criminals
Terrorist are NOT part of a standing army of any country.

A terrorist is one who acts for political or ideological reasons.

The word "country" has two connotations:

1) State: 'an independent territory with a government, a population, and sovereignty over these"

2) Nation: 'set of people with a common identity'

wiki "country" en.wikipedia.org...

It might be contended that any particular group of "terrorists" represents a nation. And they are therefore a country. Within their country they are not criminals as their peers consider their actions to be justified and necessary to defend their "nation".

When, as a nation, they engage another nation militarily, their warriors are soildiers, and "should be" protected by geneva conventions.

Sri Oracle

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

The word "country" has two connotations:

1) State: 'an independent territory with a government, a population, and sovereignty over these"

2) Nation: 'set of people with a common identity'

state
1 these terrorist have no "government" who elected them. IE Al-Qaeda in Iraq
2 a population questionable as there are no boundaries to the territory. and many of the terrorist are not even iraqis. IE Al-Qaeda in Iraq
3 sovereignty is not a invading force that hold territory by force.
IE Al-Qaeda in Iraq

nation
Al-Qaeda is not a nation if it was we could bomb them out of existence.
Al-Qaeda is a criminal organisation just like the mafia,
they are multinational with members from many countries.
as such can not be a nation.

Terrorist are criminals
Because of this the Chemical Weapons Convention does not apply
and many other treatys between countries don't apply ether.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I never heard of CS Gas being considered a chemical weapon. Police use CS Gas all the time but we can't use it against the enemy? The military uses for training also.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
It is dark right now, but I can still see because of the streetlights. The fog just suddenly turned pink. I shined a flashlight into the fog, and there were little particles inside the beam. Lots of little particles. The pinkness only lasted about ten minutes and then the fog went back to being gray. So I shined my flashlight into it and the particles were gone. What could cause this? Should I be alarmed? It is November 14, 2010, and I live in Langley, B.C., Canada. P.S., I'm posting this in a lot of places because I can't create a new thread yet.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by augoldminer
Terrorist are criminals
Terrorist are NOT part of a standing army of any country.
terrorist are not soldiers.
osama ben laden is not the leader of a country people under him are not troops they are criminals
he is a criminal.
his terrorist operating in iraq are criminals
anyone firing at US TROOPS that is not in a uniform is NOT a SOLDIER he is a Terrorist and/or a criminal.
this is what the Geneva convention states.
((snip))

Who decided these folks, "criminals", were guilty of a crime?.. courts or politicians?

GOP party leader says bin laden guilty of 9/11 & saddam is guilty of WMD possession with intent to use.. Yet the FBI says, nope, not enough evidence to charge bin boogie-man with 9/11, and.. paraphrasing gw himself.. "those WMDs gotta be around here somewhere?"

Seems to me politicians kinda suck at deciding guilt..

As far as the op.. Am I shocked at chemical weapons being deployed in the name of freedom?.. nope. These days more than ever, IMO.. laws, rules, treaties, due process, justice... just words on damn pieces of paper US party leaders used to find annoying, now..meh, they blatantly ignore because they can.

Police abusing their authority and or using excessive force on unconvinced innocent people is a common sense bad thing.. yet "world police abuse" is a patriotic good thing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join