It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush, Cheney, oil companies & gas prices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Do anyone here realize that the gas prices shot up when Bush came in office?
www.randomuseless.info...

Bush Oil companies connection
www.washingtonpost.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.commondreams.org...

Cheney Oil companies connection
www.commondreams.org...

Bush started the Iraq war for oil
news.bbc.co.uk...

This what I think,
Bush, Cheney has ties with the oil companies and went to Iraq for oil.
Made the price of oil go through roof to get free money from the expense of others and peoples lives.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
They took Iraq to keep down supply to increase demand and profits for Ali Babba Saudi. Very simple really. And they all profer. Must have really tricked them off no major hurricanes this year to blame on price rises around labor day, fourth of July. Unprecendented! I hate 'em all. But it's winter now, and they will bleed us every way they can. GRRRR.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Does anyone else remember when gas hit 2 dollars a gallon? People were outraged and demanding an investigation into it. Bush even gave a press confrence and said that he was going to look into it and try to keep prices down for everyone. I don't remember any sort of resolution to that press confrence.

Fight Apathy.... or not

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Oh ya former op. Remember that real well. Congress brought the oil company CEO's up to the bench for review, but they refused to do so under oath so it was all bluster. Meaning nothing. Ya 'I' remember. Only goes to show ya Congress/Senate are a bunch of anemic shwartzes with big fat pac money in their fat little drippy keesters . Endeered by Bush and his cronies.
edit: cleaned a bit to make nicey, cleaned a bit more for under 15yr olds

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
How on Earth did America's OIL get under Iraq's sand any way?
Its plain ludicrous...

And the Iraqi's? what an incompitent bunch...
they were using this oil to buy food and medicine.... what a waste!

'' i heard this joke on tv last night, and loved it ''

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Hey Ag, good point. I am so clueless on the whole pnt thing. But how do your get 11k in the hole on bts pnts? Not that pnts really concern me with my huge keyboard hole and such. But I do care about decorum, and I'm trying.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I know the price of gasoline affects almost everyone. But my concern is the cost of home heating fuel. I think this is going to become a major issue this winter when people will have to choose between food or heat.

Every time Bush rattles his war machine, the oil speculators buy crude at a higher price. Someone is making money off of the "fear factor" price of oil. And for many Americans, the misery index keeps going higher and higher.

"This is an investment-led rally, built on what if something happens," said Darin Newsom, senior analyst at DTN, a commodities research firm in Omaha. "I don't think we've topped out yet."

The poor, who spend a higher share of income on heating, will bear most of the pain, economists said. Though prices have soared, federal fuel assistance has declined. In 2005, when the average price of heating oil in Massachusetts hit $2.49 a gallon, a family of four earning $21,000 qualified for about $1,100 to help cover heating bills, according to Action for Boston Community Development, a nonprofit that administers the program locally.

You can read the article here:

www.boston.com...

For me, it is just one more reason to believe that Bush is the worst leader this country has ever had.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I remembered when I first moved back to florida in 97-98 gas was under a dollar(barely). Then I remember when I first started driving, beginning of 2000, it was at 1.25-1.30. So in 10 years time it's gone up 200%.

Does anyone notice that on the news they always pointed out, well if we compare this to the 70's oil crisis it would have to hit $95 a barrel, with inflation etc. Hmm now they stopped that, SUPRISE!

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
It is so manipulated DJ. WE, are so manipulated. Our surplus, haa, if any money is manipulted. Recession, surely not. LOL. Not laughing tho.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Wouldn't it feel a bit more comfortable having an automobile running on biodiesel fuels???? This is my plan. And moving on from there, converting other useful mechanics to diesel engines using biodiesel. It can't be too difficult.

My curiosities in oil now focus on the market. Bush doesn't have much longer in his term. If we go into Iran it should be quite soon. If this happens the oil spout once again is turned to the left, causing an estimated $200/barrel. Investing in oil would be an alright move it seems, but in the bigger picture, this high of oil prices will create a deep recession and then a depression in which oil prices will be put to shame by that of gold. It is so obvious to me the inevitable soon stock market crash in America. Look at gold prices historically! Gold is betting on market failure. I think this upcoming week we'll see gold go back over $800/ounce.

Any of you thought of using a biodiesel automobile?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
the price of oil has gone up 300% since Bush has take n office. 300%!!

new topics

top topics

join