It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New WoT FSME Intro!-Cuhail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hi!
I’m Cuhail, your friendly neighborhood (War on Terror) Forum Subject Matter Expert, or, FSME. I’m very new at this, so please bear with me.

My duties as the FSME here are still being learned. I’ve got the basics down like applauds and one-liner wrangling and all the things you’d expect a FSME to do, but, I’d like to take it further by offering my assistance to anyone posting in the WoT forum. I keep a close eye on the posts you all make here and I have to say there are a lot of really great posters.
On a personal note, I’d like to see more current and veteran soldiers from the campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan come forward and give personal recollections of their views on what they’ve witnessed. There is a lot of talk about U.S. Soldier indiscretions on the battlefield and that U.S. Soldiers are heartless, cold killing machines. 99% of that is bunk in my eyes. There has to be some bad eggs, but, on the whole, I think the GIs have a great task to perform and do it with heart and conscience first. Period. I support our troops. They have a rough job and a questionable boss.
I’d also like to say I’m not an avid follower of the War on Terror, so, I look to good posts to further my knowledge. I have to keep a better eye on it now and I so pledge to do so, for my fellow member’s sake.

Let’s all make this the best Forum on ATS!

Good posts
Solid links
Strong arguments
Controlled emotions
Respect to your fellow members

My tips?
Read first. Read again. Write your reply. Read your reply. Read it again. Edit as needed. Post.
Do a search on the subject before a new thread is made. We may have already talked about it. Redundancy sucks.
Keep the politics in check. Or, at least do your best.

That’s what I got, gimme a “Hell Yeah!”
Any questions?
Thanks for listening!
Cuhail

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
CONGRATULATIONS....

I have seen some of your posts and in my opinion, you are an excellent choice ....

Not much of a poster on this forum, my views get challenged too aggressively. LOL.. But I am an avid reader and look forward to the direction you take this forum...

Again,

Congrats..

Semper

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thanks Marine! Semper Fi!
I'll do my best for all you guys that post in WoT. If there is anything you all need, drop me a U2U. I'll do my best to produce.

My loyalties to the fighting men and women here is important to me. My family is chock full of Vets and still-serving members of the Armed Forces!

My brother Dan was a U.S. Marine. He guards the Pearly Gates now, like a good Marine!
My brother Matt did two stints in the U.S. Army.
My first cousin John is an Admiral in the U.S. Navy.
My Brother-in Law Mike was In the U.S. Navy.
My Brother-in-Law Steve was in the U.S. Air Force.

Here's to you, Vets!

Thanks all!
Cuhail

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I post here time to time. As a vet of Vietnam, I may be a bit cynical about our leaders, but never about those who serve. We have the finest men and women in the world wearing the uniforms of the United States. That does not change.

Even a U.S.Army grunt is smart enough to know who to blame for what's wrong in America these days.

Edit to add: congrates to Big C, I think he'll do fine for this forum. You couldn't get a finer person to be here as FSME. (Just don't kid him about wearing a kilt - he gets touchy on the subject.
)

[edit on 12-11-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Congratulations Cuhail!

I look forward to working with you in making ATS better,

War on Terrorism can sometimes get heated, I know you will be a big help in keeping the discussions civil and on point.

Good luck in your new position Big "C"

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Oh, I got a sharp eye on the job, and a fire extinguisher next to the computer!

FSME Found Something Murphy Enjoys!

I hope I do it justice. It's a forum with grit. I like grit.

Cuhail

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
CONGRATULATIONS CUHAIL...My opinion's may be alittle strong on the matter but maybe a moderating voice like yours will keep this forum clean and on topic... Thanks for the hard work you have ahead of you...

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Thanks OneShot. I just want to keep it all running smooth, factful and on-topic. There's so much room for emotion where the War on Terror is concerned, it's going to take a bit of work to keep it on track.

Peace, my brotha!
Cuhail

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Cuhalli!
Great things you were telling here. Your article would surely put a new thought around us and we have had to think on it again. Once again thank you very much for all this.

CX

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Congratulations Cuhail, a great choice by the management.

Best of luck with the new appointment.

CX.

new topics

top topics

join