It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread was locked, is it ATS Censorship?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Ok there was a thread that titled
"ATS is totally infiltrated by descendants of COINTELPRO"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now this does not say ATS is doing COINTELPRO, it only comments on the obvious uses on the web of COINTELPRO, some of them can be planting stories on Internet forums.

So ATS locks the thread so it dies and falls to the back of the room.

This does not mean ATS is COINTELPRO, on the contrary this goes against normal actions, censorship only draws attention and highlights the issue. I am sure many of us have saved the pages for future reference. So I would guess it was just a mod overreacting not thinking that stopping the thread makes ATS look far worse then the thread itself, imagine how this could be wrongly spun against them on other forms.

So continuing on, why was it locked, most locked threads have a note from the mod that locked it, another anomaly that shows ATS knows the action may be controversial, and is not based on some rule. They usually quote a rule or give reason, here they didn't

I wanted to pose this question,

Why was it locked?

to the ATS mod that locked it. Either there is a good reason, or there is a bad one that should be exposed for what it is.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Noticed the same.... quietly, where the reply option wasn't there and there was no "official" lock. Also, noticed some posts disappear on certain ad/spyware threads and those too suddenly lock or go away... some will argue that it's not censorship and 'throw' the T&C around somehow, "private site" and the likes.

...don't the powers-that-be around here realize a 'hot' topic just helps their business? I wonder why they do it...

[edit on 11-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
No, not censorship. But, the thread was trollish and baseless and a fish for points. I, personally, thought it didn't have a place here in that fashon. A Moderator obviously agreed. The OP made a statement and couldn't and wouldn't back it up with any evidence.
If YOU have evidence of the Original Topic, YOU can start a thread of the same nature and present your evidence accordingly. The one that was closed was a baiter thread.

Because you asked,
Cuhail

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I didn't close that one...

But I am closing this one.

Mod Note: Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff – Please Review This Link.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join