It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAF Train Intensively for Iran Strike with Mini-Nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

IAF Train Intensively for Iran Strike with Mini-Nukes

www.almanar.com.lb

The Israel Air Force is training for a tactical nuclear strike on Iranian nuclear production facilities. The IAF is practicing for a mission to destroy key Iranian facilities, at least one with low-yield nuclear munitions, the Times of London reported. Citing "several Israeli sources," the Times said that two IAF squadrons are training to blow up an Iranian facility using a combination of precision laser bombs and low-yield nuclear "bunker-busters". The Times report was supplemented by one......
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Am I the only one who sees the use of nuclear weapons of ANY kind as a bad idea?

If this turns out to be true and IF they carry out these strikes, I have to see that as an open invitation for another country to use theirs as well.

Things could heat up very quickly. It certainly seems to me like the U.S. and Israeli governments are itching for a war.

Jasn

www.almanar.com.lb
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Oh yes I bet the London Times has agents that work in Mossad. I love these story's about leaked war plans, It must give Generals a good laugh anyway.
Iran will wake up one morning to bombs falling and then they will ask, Hey who bombed us then Every country in NATO points to the other and say he did lol. Saudi Arabia could bomb them and they would blame Israel.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei

Am I the only one who sees the use of nuclear weapons of ANY kind as a bad idea?

Are you crazy? Of course not. I'm sure everyone is aware of the devistating effects of a nuclear bomb. I wish the damn things didn't even exist. Nuclear bombs are the closest thing we have to the devil here on earth.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roland Deschain

Originally posted by SimiusDei

Are you crazy? Of course not. I'm sure everyone is aware of the devistating effects of a nuclear bomb. I wish the damn things didn't even exist. Nuclear bombs are the closest thing we have to the devil here on earth.

They also prevent all out war between the major powers. Would you like to be on the front lines against China or Russia?

[edit on 11-11-2007 by Golack]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
When has the use of a nuclear bomb prevented all out war between major powers?

I was under the impression that the only nuclear bombs ever used ended a war between two major powers.

Also, I think it's silly to assume a nuclear bomb will prevent all out war. There are going to be a lot of unhappy people on the planet if a nuclear weapon is used.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roland Deschain
When has the use of a nuclear bomb prevented all out war between major powers?

I was under the impression that the only nuclear bombs ever used ended a war between two major powers.

Also, I think it's silly to assume a nuclear bomb will prevent all out war. There are going to be a lot of unhappy people on the planet if a nuclear weapon is used.

Remember the cold war? Why was it cold? Maybe it was because both sides realized mutual destruction would do nobody any good.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
How much extra training dose a pilot need these days to drop a bomb?

Fly there, *Points to map* when the computer beeps "beep, beep, beep." *Simulated beeping noise* press the red button on the stick here *Points to stick* and then fly home. You'll be back in time for humas and pitas by the BBQ (sorry don't really know what IAF pilots meal of choice would be!)

Oh yeah, then they return the F117 to the USAF without a scratch!!

MonKey

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Golack

Touche, Golack.

I still wish nuclear weapons didn't exist though. I'd be willing to put my life on the line if it meant not destroying a whole country for a hundred years.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Has a very good point. I see many articles being written but fail to list any names that go with the source. I wonder why?

I also want to point this out:

The Israelis believe that Iran's expected retaliation "would be constrained by fear of an Israeli second strike." The leak of a possible nuclear option by Israel may be intentional, US analysts have said. "In the cold war, we made it clear to the Russians that it was a virtual certainty that nukes would fly and fly early," said an American defense source. "Israel may be adopting the same tactics: 'You produce a weapon; you die'."

www.almanar.com.lb...

Even though this US source isn't named it says that this news leak may be intentional. Duh!!!! If you can convince the adversary that you are ready to destroy something wouldn't you stop what you are doing and work things out?

False news releases cause panic if nukes are involved. If you don't believe me this thread is a result of one. Not to mention the dozens of others that have been popping up on ATS. They all have one thing in common, no names to go with the sources.

This can sway public support in Iran, but it can also backfire. Whoever is playing this game better understand both potential outcomes.

I also hope that the members here start to see the game being played and that many of the items mentioned in the news are part of this game.

To make a point about listing the names with the source, here is something that can happen, but if I leave out the name and/or position of the person you might think it is real:

Media version:
A source from inside the Pentagon mentioned that an attack on Iran is in the works.

Real version:
A Pentagon janitor overheard a conversation about a contingency plan that deals with an attack on Iran while taking out the trash.

I get to see the real version since i'm not blinded by the media and the agenda that they push. Many will believe the media version since they fail to deny ignorance and trust whatever sources the media uses. This is not an attack on any member, but I want to make sure that you all see this from another angle.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Mutual Assured Destruction did keep the cold war cold and I am glad for that. I hope no nuke is ever used again. I would not put it past Israel to use them, I just hope it will not happen. As to the training to make a strike on the nuke facilities, I am sure the training is happening. Training is always happening, for most anything that is envisioned that might be necessary. That does not mean that this news report is authentic. I agree that this report may very well be leaked on purpose. I hope it does what is supposed to do, which is to stop the use of nukes and stop another war.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
The Samson Option

Israel have a first use policy , and in the event of massive retaliation would nuke everyone within possible reach - and that includes Europe (they hate germany for the events of 40 years ago even though they have now killed more arabs since)

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

If Israel were to drop a *Low Yield Tactical Nuclear Bunker Buster on an Iranian nuclear facility, I wonder how hard it would be to prove that Israel even used a nuke. Wouldn't the radiation from the facility cover up any signal that the bunker buster would have left?

I would bet that a tactical bunker buster would be far less catastrophic on the environment than all of the DU that we are depositing in Iraq at the moment. I just don't think that the fallout of the bunker buster would be that bad, and if they don't go on record to say that they used a nuke, I don't think other countries would feel the need to drop any of their own nukes.

Also, I agree with the sentiment that IF Israel was planning / training for this mission, it probably wouldn't be in the news.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
A nuclear bunker buster doesn`t work quite the way you think

its a ground burst nuke

the effect of burying even a few meters is the shock wave travels through the ground more effieicently - the effects on the surface are still the same

www.ucsusa.org...

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Wouldn't the radiation from the facility cover up any signal that the bunker buster would have left?

If the IAEA reports are correct, the Iranians have only managed to enrich uranium to 3%. The radiation signature from a nuclear weapon would be over 90% concentration, so pretty easy for multiple countries to detect even by air sampling from hundreds of miles away I think.

new topics

top topics

join