It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Scratch DVD's Up...Yeah Sounds Good...Not!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
So, this is a little something that annoys me. You go and you rent a movie on DVD that you want to see and it is scratched up. Scratched up from people not taking care of it.

Then your watching the movie and half way through it freezes up, the picture goes funny, or it starts skipping.

:bnghd: :bnghd: :bnghd:

When I watch a movie I like watching it from start to finish. WITHOUT it screwing up. I've had some movies that I've rented that have been really scratched up. And, yeah, DVD's are going to get some scratches on them from having a bunch of people rent them and watch them. But if more people took care they wouldn't be to badly scratched up. I guess some people just think "Hey, I don't own this DVD, I'm just borrowing it, so it doesn't matter is it gets messed up."

I really enjoy watching movies. So, yeah, it annoys me when DVD's get scratched up and start messing up when I'm watching them.

:bash:

-tts

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Truth_Seeker

Then your watching the movie and half way through it freezes up, the picture goes funny, or it starts skipping.

it annoys me more when BRAND NEW DVD's do this. It makes me want to choke the life out of an innocent woodland creature. :bash:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
i have these same annoyances as well. the dvd thing really bothers me.

one instance in particular that stands out with me is back when vhs was the standard....we rented a vid at hollywood and it popped in our vcr. i brought it in and they wanted me to pay like $28 for a NEW copy...now mind you, i know i could get a new copy for them at wal mart for like $10 but they didn't want to do it like that..
so i got pissed.

after some doing, i got her to look up the history and see how many times THAT tape was rented. something 760 times rented...what the lady didn't seem to get was i was NOT going to pay $28 to buy them a NEW movie cause the movie that i rented was NOT new...it was viewed 760 times...i was just the unlucky one that it popped on.

now when you go to those big stores, you can ay 50 cents up front to cover any damages.....F that. i pay nothing i say

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well if you want to see the film really bad and are getting pissed from the picture freezes I suggest you try FileSalvage. This program grabs the VOB files replacing the unreadable/demaged sectors on a CD with blank data. That way you'll be able to watch a film with short black frames in the scratch area - better than watching half a film anyway
This works for all files. Great program and easy to use.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I don't rent dvds often but when I do I inspect them for scratches.

This saves alot of frustration after I get home and ready to settle down to watch a movie.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
disks suck in general. what ever happened to the durable and reliable mediums, like Beta Max? (Not VHS, they suck and were only made mainstream because of pr0n!
)

they went the same way as the indestructible vacuum cleaner and washing machine and the TV that lasts for ever. now everything lasts 2 days before it spontaneously combusts, or melts or falls apart or destroyed be an angry consumer who doesn't understand why a Japanese product sold in the UK has French instructions.

top topics

join