It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: 77% oppose illegals' licenses -- "Goverment Representatives Turn Another Blind Eye"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Poll: 77% oppose illegals' licenses -- "Goverment Representatives Turn Another Blind Eye"

washingtontimes.com

Voters oppose driver's licenses for illegal aliens by a nearly five-to-one margin, a new Fox 5/Washington Times/Rasmussen Reports poll finds.

As immigration politics explode into the presidential race, polls show Americans are taking a hard line on benefits for illegal aliens, including opposing driver's licenses and such taxpayer-funded benefits as scholarships at state colleges for illegal-alien students.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
With a constant stream of data that matches the sentiments expressed in these polls, can it even be QUESTIONED that the government is no longer working FOR us?

Poll after poll after poll show that the American people are totally opposed to the influx of illegal immigrants and the benefits that they incur while here, YET, the government does nothing but sit around with their thumb up their butt planning the next war.

It's freaking ridiculous!

RON PAUL IN '08!

Jasn

washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I wish that this wouldn't pass. Giving licences to illegals will only help them and hurt the citizens of this country. The public will forget about this in a few days and the gov't will have their way.

I can only see an increase in insurance premiums for adding a "non-citizen" type of coverage onto your policy. I bet the major insurance carriers are happy about this. Maybe that is what this is all about, making money for the insurance companies. I wonder if they got anyone lobbying in Washington?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
giving them drivers licenses is a great idea. and that's why i'm voting for clinton. the joke is on the illegals as they think they are getting a drivers license, but they are actually being checked in, photographed and ID'd. this work, will work against them as the government will later have all of their information in the system, in turn.. making it easier to track them and deport them.

so you see, it's a plan to get rid of the problem by making it sound good. if I was an illegal, I would not get a DL.

so as you can see, it's a good idea. the same way the cellphone was created to track us by the government. it's always introduced as being a GOOD THING for the user, but it turns out it's going to work the other way.

jedimiller.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Jedi, while I must say that it does make sense but do you really think they are going to round them up and risk losing the Hispanic vote not to mention the wrath of big business for taking away its cheap labor?

[edit on 7-11-2007 by ChrisF231]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The NWO wants a North American Union, this will abolish borders of Canada and Mexico for most things, there will not be illegals anymore, and the standard of the dollar and standard of living will match with mexico.

And congress is owned by the NWO. Completly.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Jedi, while I must say that it does make sense but do you really think they are going to round them up and risk losing the Hispanic vote not to mention the wrath of big business for taking away its cheap labor?

[edit on 7-11-2007 by ChrisF231]

Those people with the Illegal License wont be able to vote. they have never been able to vote. it is better to have all the illegals in the system with their picture and all their information, than not.

that's the only way they will be able to track them and count them. this will benefit everyone.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I`m a little confused by this - I`m not in the US, and I`m not all that familiar with the DMV regulations.

What do Americans (legal or otherwise) need to present to get a drivers license?

Here in Japan, to get a drivers license, I have to go to city hall and obtain an official letter identifying me as a resident of the city. To get that, I have to be registered as living in the city. For me, as a foreigner, this means registering my visa details and employer details and address with city hall - and notify them of any changes in a timely manner.

For a Japanese citizen, the same applies (obviously without the visa though). You need the official document (which basically confirms that you exist in an official context) for pretty much any kind of license (vehicle, business, etc), to buy a house or property, to get a loan, etc...

From the standpoint of preventing illegals from getting a license, it seems like a workable system - and fairly fraud proof (they actually called city hall in my presence to verify that the document was legit). The question is: would ordinary Americans - including the 77% in the OP`s article - be willing to deal with that amount of red tape to resolve the issue?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Required documentation usually depends by state.

Usually they have a list of A, B and C columns and you must have either 2 items from column A or 2 from B and 1 from A and so on and so forth.

The least aggravating documentation you have to present is a birth certificate and utility (electric) bill showing your current address.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Lest anyone forgets, in the United States of America driving is a privilege, not a right. When someone breaks the law, rights and privileges are taken away. An "illegal immigrant" is just that, illegal. Whether people like it or not, those "illegals" have broken the law, just by entering the country, because they have failed to migrate according to our Nation's laws.

Immediately setting foot on this soil, illegally, they have in turn forfeit their rights and privileges.

Those that prove themselves incapable of being a meaningful part of our society, do not deserve any type of benefit from being a criminal.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Here locally they ran a little story on the news about a month or so ago telling us about an event that was happening.
It was a license 'seminar' for illegals, basically giving them drivers licenses.
Now, I live in the middle of Illinois, where you would think that the amount of illegals would be minimal.
Not the case at all. They're everywhere.
Anyway, I was both shocked and dismayed at this action taking place in the heart of the heartland.
I searched at the time for the story on my local news websites so I could post it here, but oddly it appeared to be a story that only ran on the local TV news and no-where else.
I nevers heard anything leading up to it, or after it.
How did they get the word out to the 300 or so illegals that showed up for it? Is there some special underground illegal network that they spread information through?

Also I would like to add that the local community college here has a radio station that used to play 'hip-hop' music during the night time hours, from like 7 pm to 7 am.
Now they play Mexican music during the evenings.

The North American Union is in our future boys and girls.

Edit to add this local news story about a 'toy drive' for the local illegal kids.
www.news-gazette.com... ch=toy%20drive&theorder=asaphrase

[edit on 7-11-2007 by 11Bravo]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Our nation's politician has turn a blind eye to the will of the people when corporate American took over our political system..

We are a democracy rule by corporate dictatorship.

Wake up America.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic
Lest anyone forgets, in the United States of America driving is a privilege, not a right.

I hate it when people say that. we as american have certain freedoms. driving should be one of them. I'm all for eliminating the government office of DMV. they are crooks. so no, driving is not a privilige it's a right. if you own a car and paid for it, you should be able to drive. anyone should be able to drive a car. we are in america right? how is it that in other countries, people have no driving licenses yet they get to drive freely?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Every Drunk Driver in the Country would agree with you while they murder innocent people. You should re-think that. Unless you don't mind having Drunks and Reckless Drivers on the same road with you. It has to be controlled.

My Wifes Sister was dragged into a Motel Room by an Illegal Alien and stabbed so many times the Coroner could not count them all. The room even had blood on the ceiling. That man was arrested earlier the same day for assaulting another woman on the street and released. He had been arrested many times and the Police knew he was an Illegal but they were not allowed to do anything about it. He ended up Plea Bargaining for 7 to 15 years and they tell us he will be free in 7 and still will not be deported.

Give these criminals a legal Drivers License. Only a fool would do that. Hillary would let them live in the White House if she thought she could get more votes. Evil loves evil.

I'm still waiting for Hillary to explain how the stolen documents from Rose Law Firm ended up under her bed. A serious Felony that should have cost her years in prison. Damn people have short memories. Give her control of the FBI, CIA, NSA, Military and the IRS. At least demand her and Billary release the Papers they are hiding before you vote for her? Ask her why she is hiding her activities during her Husbands Administration? After Bush we don't need more secrecy.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yet another testament. I really wish more people would realize (here and otherwise) that when we participate in this partisan bickering, we are also choosing a blind eye to a much larger problem. This is of course just one poll, and while I generally don't take too much from polls, I hardly even find that when I speak to someone in RL that they don't believe we are forgotten for the big corporations.

Echoing Marg, we need to wake up, and stop playing the game of politics which is only dividing us all. This isn't about right/left anymore, this is about our country.

Of course, if we were really concerned with those things such as law we wouldn't even allow illegal persons to stay in the country, but give them driver's licenses! Those that are for this should take another angle, as well. If you are a believer in any form of NWO, and have paid the slightest attention to FEMA detainment camps, this is an aspect of rounding them up. It is the policy already brought into place prior that will allow for the introduction of such camps to the general public. Once they know, and turn their blind eye as we are wont to do, then the acceptance will start allowing more people, imo. What a slippery slope that will lead us to!

*Edit - Disclaimer: The above views do not reflect the views of the AboveNetwork LLC or any of it's affiliates.

[edit on 11/7/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NJ Mooch

Look @ your Ins bill as in "un or under insured motorist" $20 a month been there for a while or at lest in Indiana

My neighborer is in a wheel chair after being ran over by a Illegal with no INS,he lost his home ,his life, and every thing else .

[edit on 7-11-2007 by deadcatsrule]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I would love to know how many Americans are killed and injured per year due to illegal immigration. I am willing to bet that it is at least twice as many as were killed on 9/11/2001.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
here's an insight into to politicians, economists, political advisors...etc
&^ their thoughts on allowing illegals to obtain a valid drivers license;

a 'DL' allows them to participate in the dynamic of american life,
like an ID background for a credit card, turning on utilities, renting stuff,
it also makes the holder subjet to laws & legal responsibility
(although one will still need to have the warewithall to sue them)
plenty of underpaid illegals with these licenses will do the usual >
go out & party...
& if they got alcohol on their breath, they're in-the-system!...needing bail-bonds and such

the long range purpose of his seemingly insane 'free pass'
is to integrate/assimilate these illegals into the forming NAU=north american union
and as an added bonus for all these 'new faces' on the american scene
, is to aid in the unsane credit expansion- - which is the only thing propping up this fiscal 'house-of-cards'

it's all too lenghtly to try & lay out in a singular post..or even a dedicated thread....
but i'm certain many of youse understand the mechanisms at work

hey, adapt..................... or suffer is my finalanswer

[edit on 7-11-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Leaving the rights and wrongs of this particular issue to one side, please consider this:

It is also the job of our leaders to save us from our own folly.

Just because an overwhelming majority of citizens want something, it still does not mean that it is good for them to have it, or that it is morally right.

When it is not good, and not right, it's the leaders' job to say so, and refuse to give in to public pressure. This is particularly hard for democratic governments to do, since they always have one eye on the next election, but it is how a principled leader should see his or her job.

top topics

join