It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is impossible we are alone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Just sit back and think about it. Look in the sky. I am not religious so I guess I am more open than some that are (no offense). We are ignorant to think we are it (arrogant as well).

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Swamp,

"Just sit back and think about it"

Hmmm....sounds a tad bit on the flawed side of justification for there being other life out there, doesn't it. Maybe there is and maybe not...we just don't know! Well, I guess there are those who say they know but that's a whole different story and can of worms yet.

I like the idea of the thread in a way, but you've got to be more direct and concise than just saying it has to be because, "If you just sit back and think about it"!

We have a motto here to "Deny Ignorance", hence we must have some style of logic involved than to say it has to be because it just has to be. That line of reasoning is going to come under harsh fire here. Faith is faith, whatever your faith may be......and that is not really able to be argued with, but is that what you mean?? I would imagine due to your opening statement that faith is the last word that you intend to use??

Looking forward to hearing you get a bit more detailed on your opinion.....Peace,

Mondo

[edit on 2-11-2007 by Mondogiwa]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Sorry fella, that just doesn't cut it for some people - would you like me to pour you a drink so you can get it off your chest?

Oh wait, this ain't the place for that kind of rant.

See, now the way i see it is that you could have used any number of methods to prove that it is impossible for us to be alone - but starting a thread like this with a mere two sentences* is a little insulting, if you really care.

So then, do you want to expand on your statement or are you going to leave it as it is?

EDIT: *Sorry, i have a habit of phasing out bad grammar, and i only pick up on it when i'm thinking about what i've done.

Which is something that you plainly do not do.

[edit on 3-11-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by swampcricket

Well, when I just sit back and think about it, It isnt impossible to me but it is improbable but not proven. There, thats nice and tidy, I wont muss it up any more than that.

Been doing some EVA in the hot tub have we?

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I was going to write a story once, a guy lives a life, goes to heaven then gets to choose any life he wants to live, so he picks a famous king, who lives in selfishness, he ignores the sad eyes of the slaves he treats with disrespect and torture.

He returns after this second life and gets to go back again, he chooses a rich businessman, and is rich and lives high on the hog at the expense of others.

after a few billion times of this he starts to live the normal people lives, one day a movie star push him out of line and treat him rudely, he looks into the stars eyes about to get angry, and realizes, it was himself in a past trip through life! he had lived that exact life.

He falls into deep despair as he sees that he now was going to have to live through the billions of lives he had treated terribly and condemn to a hard existence in his selfish trips before.

close on twilight zone music.

ECHO echo echo echo.

I hear others but might they also be me?

[edit on 3-11-2007 by Redge777]

new topics

top topics

join