It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantic Hurricane Noel Heads Toward US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Atlantic Hurricane Noel Heads Toward US

www.nytimes.com

Hurricane Noel, the deadliest storm to hit the Atlantic this year, is not expected to gain strength in the next 24 hours as it tracks northward toward the U.S., but forecasters said Friday it may grow in size.

Noel slammed the Caribbean earlier this week with heavy rains that caused flooding and mudslides, leaving 118 dead, officials said.

After drenching the Bahamas and Cuba on Thursday, the Category 1 hurricane continued along its path between the southeastern coast of the U.S.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Seems like the Carolinas should look out for this first, starting tomorrow AM? Article doesn't really say, also, New England will see some heavy rains as well.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
nah, this is headed safely along the coast well off-shore. check wundergound.com for tropical storm news. handy site.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Looks like it took a turn inland and hit New England as a tropical storm or less. Any reports from there about ex-Noel?

Saw some wild winds on the Weather Channel last night.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Living in Atlantic Canada, we were hit with the tail end of this last night. I had to make a five hour drive last night, and let's just say it was interesting. Past a few accidents, some more serious than others.

Waking this morning, there is minimal damage in my area. Power is out in some areas, and plenty of trees down. But nothing overly excessive.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Good to know people in the area are okay.... haven't seen any stories come across the wire, guessing there weren't any deaths, or serious damages.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Actually, I can speak of at least one death.

One of the accidents that I speak of in my previous post has led to one death. We drove by the scene of the accident, and it was very disturbing. I had heard on the radio today that one of the individuals had passed, and one other was in critical condition.

And on the way home today, there were plenty of highway signs knocked over and trees knocked down.

Nothing extreme, but still widespread.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Oh boy!

This hurricane tore straight thru Cape Cod and we got hit hard.

I lost power for 26 hours and we nearly froze last night with no power and no food because i thought my husband was going to buy something to eat and HE thought i was buying something to eat
We found a bag of cookies and i ate 4 he ate two

Many trees on the roads and winds as high as 80 MPH. I had to suffer withdrawals from ATS

Oh well, its over and we got our lights this afternoon and the heat will dry off the water that poured thru the living room window...what a mess.

new topics

top topics

join