It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God And Devil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
As the bible says, God is omnipotent. He knows what is happening and what will happen. So why have he not eliminated Satan,the fallen angel, before the devil betrayed him?

Satan was of course not stupid , why did he stand against God ,even knowing that he was not powerful enough as God and he would be defeated ?

I have got puzzled at such two questions for a long time, and I failed to get the answers from the Bible. Do you guys have any ideas?Comments would be appreciated.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Well, see, if you are under the assumption that what is written in the Bible is actually true and that it is the inerrant word of God you have due cause to be very confused if you actually do the abhorrent sin and think!

The whole concept of an omniscient and omnipotent God in this universe is utterly and totally ridiculous. Taking such properties of God into account you can only reach the conclusion that God (of the Bible) wants Satan to remain in the world. God uses Satan to express his evil side. Part of it anyway, as he appears to be perfectly capable of doing evil acts without the need to invoke Satan.

If God is omnipotent and omniscient and there is evil in the world then by using logical reasoning he cannot be benevolent.

Once you realize that the gibberish written down in the Bible is not the inerrant word of God and it is nothing more than made up crap’ola used to control the masses then you’ll no longer have the headache of having to explain the logical inconsistencies with Christianity.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
There is NO "God vs Devil" not in the bible and no where. That's a lie of the devil.

There is only God. There are the things wanted by God, "good", and there are the things unwanted by God, "evil", and the battle between Good and Evil is what the world things are truly about.

There is only God. Nothing can exist outside of God. Only in God's time does "evil" get rid of.

It's because, there's given a time of change and understanding unto all beings, and after this time God easily rids evil from Existance. All those that are attached to the evil things also are gotten rid of into nonexistance.

God is all powerful.

The devil's only power is given to him by mankind in believing the devils lies.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
it makes no sense? maybe because its fantasy.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Is it easier to accept that one is accountable for error in their actions or to blame the devil?

In the words of Jesus himself...

The devil and the burning fires are both the works of man, and none can put the fires out and dissipate the evil one, but man who made them both.

Peace

[edit on 26-11-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
well lets think. its true that we may not be able to comprehend God's omnipotency, but i think his motive was a comprehendable one when he cast Satan out of heaven. If you were God, would you want a corrupt second-in-command? I wouldnt. and also, if i was infinite and invincible, i would definately want to prove my power, and maybe thats why he actually let Satan doom himself.

I dont know everything, and i didnt take this out of the Bible, it all came from my own brain. so if im wrong the Word of God is not at fault, i am.

In Christ,
SwAngo

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
to answer your second question, why do any followers overthrow/attempt a leader? its basically all thats been going on for centuries. they get cocky. power hungry. provoked. envious.

again, this is just from my mind. i cant even back up my own hypothesis, becarse im not sure how those thoughts even entered heaven.

new topics

top topics

join