It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

?Wow. I just stepped outside and everything feels different!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Synchronicity...

You are becoming more attuned to the reality of life and it will never be the same.

As a previous poster said, 'welcome to my world'

Your perception is the only thing you have, once that changes, so does your own reality.

We have been living in the same reality the whole time, but you are now sensing more of it.

Glad to have you on board dgtempe

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It was a moment of clarity.

Dimensional shifts? Peaked occult power?

Your brain happened to release a potent combination of chemicals which encouraged you to experience new or rare emotions and perceptions.

That and the synchronistic forces of nature.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by alexg]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Has anyone ever felt like time was running in slow motion around you...Like you're so deep in thought that things almost stop, and you're in a daze of somekind? Weird.

That's happened to me a time or two....that's when I'm the most efficient at ignoring my kids

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
Has anyone ever felt like time was running in slow motion around you...Like you're so deep in thought that things almost stop, and you're in a daze of somekind? Weird.

I feel that way fairly often. I just thought it was the "medicine."

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I felt like this once. It was back in 2001 on September the 10th around 10 PM.

Only reason I remember the date is obviously because it's the night before 9/11. I remember walking outside to get some air and evrything just felt completely weird and different. Everything was completely calm and I felt at peace with everything. It lasted for a few minutes then went away.

I went back inside and started feeling a little nervous and scared for no reason at all. Like something bad was about to happen and I've never felt like that. I went to sleep around 1 AM still feeling nervous and scared and I woke up to seeing the live video of the first WTC tower after it was hit. I thought I was dreaming at first then my phone rang and it's my sister asking if I was watching it then I started waking up a bit more to realize it's actually going on.

I would give anything to be able to feel that small moment of calm and peace again.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by nightmare_david]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
um I hate to burst your bubble... but the tobacco in cigs IS a drug, incase you didnt realize after all this time of using it,
that it can change your state of mind, and probably was responsible for this.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I have those feelings on occasion, when everything kinda feels like a dream but it doesn't?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAvenger
I think that some of us at times may experience what I call a reality shift. Some think that there are an infinite number of realities that exist, for example if something can happen, it does happen in some single reality. There are certain things in my life and even in the history that I have lived through that are not quite the way I remember them. An old man's faulty memory? perhaps, but I very vividly remember things that are not quite the same as when they happened in my time line. This may be something like the old scifi show "Sliders", but the changes are much, much more subtle. Some of my fellow scientists think that infinite realities are why an atom simply doesn't collapse, that unlimited protons, neutrons and electrons of the same atom co-exist in different planes of reality (dimensions?) simultaneously. (the Heisenberg uncertainty principle might be an example of this) Interesting stuff. Perhaps some here have better insight than I, and can tell me how strange my theory is. Several accounts written in this thread are close to what I'm writing about. I believe these shifts may occur and most of us may not even be aware that anything has changed, like while sleeping perhaps.
As a common scientist, I can assure you that there are many things we haven't even begun to understand. Indeed, there are likely many things we will NEVER understand.

[edit on 10/31/2007 by TheAvenger]

well, perhaps you know ´The Unknown Reality´ from Jane Roberts, very interesting texts about possibilities/ probabilities of our interpretations of realities.
(I´m not talking about the phenomenon of ´Seth´as it is described there)
Heisenberg seems to draw a similar picture of physics (for me).

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
i feel like that every morning. I know the answer to my situation. It tells me the world is not right. Go back to bed. lol....

on a serious note. yes it happened to me yesterday and its been happening a lot more these past couple months. There was a small % of kids tricker treating last night and too many people giving out candy.

It was as if the world was still for a moment...

On a personal note, i think its just the mind finally trying to open its eyes.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I have been experiencing this since I can remember. Eventually you will begin to understand it and experience it more and more. And other's who are experiencing it will also know that you are. I'm at a level of this experience that its hard to have any intelligent conersation with people who are not experiencing it. Or accidentaly freak out the people who are just starting. What alot of you guys describe, is the preliminary steps to something so vast it's hard to imagine. I find that people are affraid of it. I'm affraid of not having it, because its been with me since my birth. It's called awarness. Welcome to the ranks of true intelligence. If you allow it and nuture it, you will have an endless amount of information at your disposal.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
DG, the human brain is so very complex we only know a small fraction of what it can really accomplish or how it can effect our over all perception of the world around us. I have experienced many different feelings where my normal feeling of perception of reality was changed. And I felt things were not normal, as I have come to know normal feelings for me to be.

I have to wonder if the emotions we conjure up inside of ourselves doesn’t in some small way change our perception of normal reality at that given point in time. For example if one becomes very angry, or sad, or exceptionally happy. Doesn’t this or couldn’t this have an effect on our feelings, emotions and the basic way we feel in our surroundings?

I also believe that the moon plays a great part in the overall makeup of the earth and our existence here on earth. The moon is continuously moving away from the earth and because of this, wouldn’t the change in the moons distance from earth have subtle extremely small changes in earths gravity force and tides and how the earth revolves. As well as the effects the earth and the moon have on human biology.

I don’t have a concrete answer for you but I do relate to the Thread because yes I have felt different at times about the over all perception of how I see and feel things around me. Colors being more noticeable, Sounds being clearer, eyes seeing things in a more 3D way then usual.

On the other hand, it could be just a glitch in the Matrix............ Or for me it could be the long-term effects of all the "MAD" I took in my youth. Nevertheless, the bottom line for me is that changes in the earth’s conditions would have an effect on how humans inner act in those conditions.

Hang in there your feelings too shall pass, but be mindful of what your mind and soul tells you. There will come a day when things just wont go back to normal. And choices will need to be made.

Take care

EDIT spelling

[edit on 1-11-2007 by geemony]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Great thread guys!!

This happened to me the other night when I went out to see Comet Holmes. It was like i was aware of everything, but it was totally silent.

And to make things even weider...I felt like I had fell from space into my body and woke up in reality. It's hard to explain, but it creeped me out!!!

I'm so greatful to have all of you to explain these things to me, and to let me know I am not off my rockerquite yet!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
While I didn't feel like that last night myself, I do know what you are referring to I think. Occasionally I get this uber aware sensation and I have looked around outside and although it's not it feels like everything has slowed down. I actually like the feeling because it makes me feels more aware and I get this burst of energy like I can accomplish anything.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

Yes, that has happened a few times. One time I was in my car parked at a red light when everything slowed down to a point that it was this staggered motion effect. Very strange.

-----
dgtempe

I have felt that similar sensation when I have been either studying too long or when I have been focusing on something for a long time. Too long on one topic. My kiniesiologist told me to do cross crawl exercises to get the other side of my brain in balance. NO joke!!

You had been on ATS and watching tv for a time before hand?
Perhaps you were using one side of the brain more than the other? I am not sure but was when I did the exercises one side of my body was stronger than the other, very unco ordinated and it was difficult at first to do = so left brain was turned on and right side was not being used as much. lol Hope that makes sense. I always felt better after doing them. Balanced!

Cross crawl = bringing your knees up touching your elbows. Now you have to use your left elbow to your right knee and your right elbow to your left knee.

I was happy for the explanation from my kiniesiologist.

Not sure if that adequately explains what I experienced but didn't experience the surreal feeling when I finished study.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by Thurisaz]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BONGMANWEED
yeah i feel it all da time,

too much weed mate lol.
I bet.
Knock it off, its not good for you.

To the person who asked if i had experimented with '___', the answer is NO! Never ever. I dont travel in those circles. The worse i do is smoke a pack of cigarrettes a day and this had nothing to do with nicotine.
Like Bill Clinton, i've tried marijuana, but did not inhale.

I'm just not into those things.

Some of you think its wonderful this happened to me and i'm confused. Are you saying me stepping outdoors and sensing what i felt, along with the anxiety and apprehension was a good thing? I'm not sure i understand. It was not a good feeling at all. I recently remembered when i was 7 years old one day i had a similar experience where things looked "different" in the morning. I didnt dare say anything to my parents but even the sunshine was strange, the shadows, everything was surreal.
I had forgotten about that, but remembered it this morning.
It was not a pleasant sensation then, now i remember.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I get the same feeling every once in a while, but since I've done a couple dozen hits of acid over my life-time i just attribute it to flashbacks.

As for you, Sorry don't know what to say i hope you ok though.

(and no this was not a sarcastic post at all, I truely hope the OP feels better now)

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Wow! Exactly! Now i need an explanation, could it be the brain? I think its even weirder than Deja Vu.
Honestly, it felt as though i were on the set of Twighlight Zone. :shk:

Well, I suppose it could be the brain, but something tells me it's something more than that. What that something is, I couldn't tell you.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
DG....i have had this too and unlike most here, but like you, i didnt like it.
World Watcher described it perfectly to me when she said that you feel like you dont belong. It's very strange. Really odd feeling.

Can i ask you something....when you felt this, did you at all feel like something major/bad was about to happen? I dont mean like a prophecy, but just an overwhelming sense of doom?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
DG....i have had this too and unlike most here, but like you, i didnt like it.
World Watcher described it perfectly to me when she said that you feel like you dont belong. It's very strange. Really odd feeling.

See, during the whole time I had it, about three months, I felt more peaceful, more alive than I have ever felt in my life. I was saddened when everything just returned to the same bland world that I am used to...

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
I dont mean like a prophecy, but just an overwhelming sense of doom?
YES!!
and sadness and being out of place, and not belonging and depression and what am i doing here type feelings all rolled up into one.

I had been just fine in the house.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join