It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video channel tab???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Anyone seen the video channel tab? It must be new, right? Seems cool. It seems like a youtube or something
. Thanks for the cool new feature ATS

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Just noticed it as well.

Looks pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Actually, it seems to be run off of youtube (that is, the people that sent those videos are from youtube).

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Ha! I knew it was a space for videos....
Way cool Amigos!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Ha! I knew it was a space for videos....

Oh, was this tab a blank space before? I noticed that, too. I didn't attribute it for a page for videos, though.

EDIT:

Oops, the blank space a couple of days ago was in the section of tabs that included "home," "news" and "stats."

[edit on 30-10-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I was waiting for someone to notice!

The new "Video Channels" are:
UFO Videos
Conspiracy Videos
NWO Videos
Paranormal Videos
Political Videos

We're taking advantage of some custom code and a Google/YouTube API to develop some repackaged custom feeds of videos from YouTube in various topical categories that suit our ATS audience. These "channels" will make it much easier for our "conspiracy minded" members to find video content from the vast YouTube collection, that matches ATS themes.

Each of the video channels as a tag cluster on the right side of the page, click any tag in the cluster to expand or narrow (depending on the tag) the assortment of videos shown on the page.

Once you click through to a video, if you like what you see and want to learn more, there's a link to run a search on ATS to find threads that match the subject matter shown in the video.

This is not to be confused with our ATS Videos being developer here: ATS Video Forum Our ATS Videos will be full-length premium content material that you're highly unlikely to find on YouTube, or if you do, the quality of our videos will be vastly superior.

Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I was waiting for someone to notice!

Ehem, I notice all
. Plus I like making threads, so that helps

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Cool new feature.

Just a couple of technical questions from someone who knows little of the whole Gvid/youtube "culture":

Do we rely on Google/YouTube categorizing these or are the categories chosen by submitters?

What determines the order that they are presented in? For example, in the new world order category I would have expected to see Alex Jones stuff in there (his videos are popular) but instead I get what appears to be nonsense from nobodies. The same seems to apply to other categories.

They all seems to have five stars but is it possible to sort them based on number of views or number of votes etc?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
ATS Video Forum

Hey SO, is there a way to get to that forum from the Board Home page? I didn't see any links.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Hey SO, is there a way to get to that forum from the Board Home page? I didn't see any links.

We will soon. Since there's only two videos, there's no need beyond the big yellow link at top.

Once we start pumping in more titles (and Springer's working on a literal firehose of UFO titles), we'll have a forum icon, and special video forum summary page at vid.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join