It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pay in cash? Not for your Iphone!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I personally dont understand how a company can simply refuse to take cash for their product. It seems illegal to me, but Im no lawyer.

SAN JOSE, California - Apple Inc. no longer accepts cash for iPhone purchases and now limits sales of the cell phone to two per person in a move to stop people from reselling them.
MSNBC

How long before cash money is phased out completely? Five years? Ten?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well this is a bit confusing. I thought that manufacturers in the US HAD to accept cash for their goods sold in the US.

I did a quick search to back up my feeling and was surprised to find THIS. Oh well, I guess that deflates yet another belief of mine. I am learning.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Why should they care if they are getting retail price for their product? It just proves how greedy these companies are becoming. They are just mad because they feel like they are missing out on some cash. Hell its $400 overpriced anyway.Who cares if Joe blow makes a $30 profit selling it to someone after he paid the retail price. I can sell any of my belongings for whatever I want. They belong to me and its none of their business. Its all about control! They want your money and they want to still control the product you bought from them. They might as well just lease the phones to people and tell them what they can and cant do and get it over with.

I'm surprised Apple did not try to sue the kid that broke open his Iphone on YouTube.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I will neve buy anything by Apple. I hereby boycott them. Cash is our last freedom.

new topics

top topics

join