It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Doesn't US Learn from Israel's Success in Syria?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I have been thinking a lot about this after Israel went into Syria and took out their Nuclear facilities.

If Israel is that successful why not do the same to Iran?

All this drum beating and chest pounding in the news and media about how the US needs to attack Iran. It seems that every time we do this it turns out to be another "Shock and Awe" campaign. Why does the US do this?

Why can't we just do things and keep our mouths closed like Israel or just have Israel do it for us?

Israel campaign on Syria was basically off the books and even though everyone knew, they didn't.

What are all of your thoughts on this?

[edit on 28-10-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This isn't really an option for Israel and here's why:

they are surrounded on all sides by Iranian supported terrorist groups. This includes Hamas in Palestine, Hezbollah in Lebanon, and Syria to the north. These entities will almost certainly act up in the event of war with Iran. Its not so simple as just hitting them with air strikes.

Not only that, but Israel probably does not have the capacity to eliminate all of the long range missiles that Iran can fire at a moments notice. They risk thousands of casualties such missiles. Only the US really has the ability to turn out the lights on Iran, and even then it is a gamble.

This situation is far from being so simple as you suggest.

[edit on 28-10-2007 by Vipassana]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana

This situation is far from being so simple as you suggest.

Your missing part of my main point and the moral of the story. Israel bombed Syria successfully, they didn't talk about it to everyone they just went in and did it.

Why doesn't the US learn from Israel successes?

I should probably change the title of the thread, I think I will.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Because Syria is a different game than Iran. Iran won't standby and let something like that happen without retaliating. this means that any strike would have to be absolutely devastating on Iran.

this isn't a covert bombing campaign against one target like in Syria. Its possibly the largest air operation in history that would make shock and awe look like a water balloon fight.

It's a completely different situation...

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I had a news article on this perhaps you can find it online at the
Daily News of New York City.

The Syrian reactor was under construction and not under the
protection of UN charter.

Don't ask why this is important, it was a statement in the article.
So the strike can't be any more the inter border conflict than
the situation already is.
No bad boys for putting down a source of power under some international
agreement.

The planes avoided detection due to lack of advanced counter measures.
That was another statement.

So US must say IRAN is stepping over the UN line with its reactors
before hitting them down.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
NUKE NIGHTMARE BEHIND ISRAEL'S SYRIA STRIKE

Part of the article and much of what I said before is in the link,
a very good assessment.

Caught out and humiliated by the Israeli raid, the Syrians are bulldozing the site to bury the evidence. Straightforward enough, so far. But now consider the factors beyond the obvious Israeli concerns over Speaker Nancy Pelosi's buddy (a k a President Bashar Assad) and his quest for weapons to destroy the Jewish state:

* The Syrian reactor was at a very early stage, but neither Israel nor the United States called Damascus out before the world community. This reflects exasperation with the United Nations' unwillingness to do anything meaningful to stop rogue states from acquiring nukes. Instead of complaining, the Israelis just hit the target.

top topics

join