It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans may evolve into 2 different types in thousands of years???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Link

Well, I dont really have to say anything about this but its pretty interesting. Evolution again. Id love to see this but I problably wont be around to see this.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bunit42000

That probably isn't happening. I saw "economics" and just closed the window.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Godknown

that's an ignorant way to view things

anyway, it sounds interesting.... actually, it sounds just like something out of a science fiction novel

...actually, it is something out of a science fiction novel (read "the time machine")

but, it could happen. the only problem with predicting evolution is that we can't predict the future... predicting the changes would require knowledge of too many things that we just can't know

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
this has already happened..and right before our eyes.

woman are an entirely different species..I came to that conclusion along time ago.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

....that's just plain ignorant
gender...

if they were a different species they wouldn't give birth to fertile offspring

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is now the 4th time this has been posted within a couple of days.

Don't mean to be rude, but I sure am getting tired of reading the same title to a thread over and over again.

EDIT: No wait, this is actually the 5th time. The last time someone posted it, then noticed it had already been posted, so asked for it to be deleted. Yep, 5 times.

[edit on 10/29/2007 by bigbert81]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
.................i think someone read the time machine while having a "sub sandwich" and drinking some "cola"

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Oh, come on buddy. Don't be naive. I read it ALL over and just thought that probably wouldn't happen. I only stated I closed the window at "economics" meaning I almost stopped taking the article seriously. A scientist would be more credible than an economic figure, in my opinion. Alright?

[edit on 10/29/2007 by Godknown]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I suspect you're taking things a little too seriously as well. What jedimiller said sounded more like comic relief than an actual opinion. Lighten up a bit.

[edit on 10/29/2007 by Godknown]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bunit42000
Link

Well, I dont really have to say anything about this but its pretty interesting. Evolution again. Id love to see this but I problably wont be around to see this.

These so called scientist are just making guesses and should not be taken seriously. Notice many of their words, which goes like, "could have", "may have", "might be", "possibly, however", "somewhat", "probably" and whatever, all of which suggests guess work and uncertainty. One funny thing about it is, after giving you the guess work, their words are very suggestive, pointing you to believe that it actually happened.

Actually many of them have different interpretations, but the majorities' interpretation stands. It's all about what theory is popularly accepted by their peers, no matter how absurd it may sound.

I think they can make more money by selling their fantasy work to Hollywood. lol

[edit on 29-10-2007 by amitheone]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

Exactly. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
As long as unattractive rich men keep getting the beautiful women our species will be safe from diverging into different groups..... Woman have always been attracted to wealth and power...that will never change.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

I hope you were joking, because if women were actually a different species we wouldn't be able to breed with them. I shudder at that thought.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
...Woman have always been attracted to wealth and power...that will never change.

Allow me to self corrrect a blatant generalization on my part...
Let me rephrase that to read....."SOME women will always be attracted to wealth & power."

I think as a species we are safe.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Sparky63]

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I hope the division in the time machine does not happen

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
as long as we dont genetically engineer ourselves into reptillians because of amphibious traits in the womb we should be good to go.
Just Sayin.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Interesting post. The only thing with evolution and humans becoming 2 new species, is that we are currently a global species and are a bit removed from natural selection. Yes it still applies in some ways, but not in a survivalist way. Humans with inferior genes do not always die off now or fail to reproduce. They are often assisted and can live full lives. Yes, all creatures do change over time, but in order for humans to actually split off into 2 separate species, they would have to be isolated to 2 different environments and given tens if not hundreds of thousands of years before they would no longer be able to reproduce. If we never became a global society and people still lived mostly in the same environments, they would have eventually formed separate species, instead of just races, but since we are all breeding with various races and everything is globalized now, it's a bit different. Monetary value doesn't really have much to do with evolution, although I see what they are saying, it's just highly unlikely that people living in similar environments would speciate that noticeably. Plus the poor would have to stay poor for hundreds of thousands of years. If humans beings aren't beyond rich vs poor in a few thousand years, we're in bigger trouble than speciation.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

join