It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do ladies have this party and that party(think tuperware)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
whats the deal with all this pink mafia stuff?

my wife is going to her friends today cause she is having a 'jewelry party'.

not that far back it was a 'purse party'. then of course the 'tupperware party'.
lots of chicks do the sex toy party..

whats the deal with all this?

let me behind the curtain for a sec...is it a way for wifes to get away from their hubby's or what?

i am not complaining and i am glad my wife has some sort of a social life but i don't get it....

i tell her if you want jewelry, lets go get some...why go to sandusky to sit for 2 hours with a bunch of people she don't know to look through a catalogue of lame jewelry?
you know..

want costume jewelry? lets go
want real stuff? lets go

i just don't understand.

if i need tuperware, i go to walmart and i get the big ass box of tupperware. i don't go to a party you know..

i'm tellin ya...

it's the pink mafia...they have the 'omerta' going on and us guys are left behind the curtain

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

its where they exchange prescriptions 2 xanax bars for a oxycontin XR?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Boondock..I used to do that kind of thing...It's not for me.I'm a different kind of woman.I prefer to sit around drinking beer talking shop with a bunch of guys.
In my experience, and I'll be called a traitor to all other women I'm sure,
It's just a female bonding kinda thing.Just like you guys and your sports or bar nights.
But of course women chat about more personal stuff, including their men,their marriages, their homelife, their kids...their hair, makeup, clothes, weight problems..Blah blah blah...cluck cluck cluck like a bunch of hens.
I have never been that way.Sitting around gossiping and such.Iam not saying that your wife or all women do that...It is just my experience that that is what happens there.
AD

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I haven't participated in any of these things. probably because the kind of women I know don't do this stuff.

However, I think it has to do with getting two great flavors together, shopping and gossiping. It's like having a Reece's Peanut Butter Cup.

My mother used to do tupperware parties, she got lots of free stuff for making sales, so I'm sure that has a bit to do with it too.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
it's multi-level marketing for chicks. just a niche market. nothing really special about it. an easy avenue for housewives to be entrepreneurs which they find appealing.

plus what better way to generate business than proactively encourage natural tendencies to gossip and chitchat.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I've gone to many of those parties and it's just good fun. I rarely buy much and I've hosted a couple. It's fun to have your girlfriends together and laugh and talk. Since most of my girlfriends are cowgirls or corrections officers they do tend to go a little off color so to speak. For the record now when I have one Seagull stays away or more accurately sleeps through it.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I have a little inside scoop on the sex toy parties, and being gay, I was the only man in the room. Husbands and boyfriends of the women were not invited.

It's a social event as much as it is a sales pitch for the person selling the products. I couldn't believe how much money was being spent on some of this stuff. A bottle of lube you could get at a shop for $5.00 was selling for $25.00 at the party, and they passed around toys that I'd never seen before.

All the women giggled and tittered as each item was shown around the room, and they all told stories about how their man was in bed. What they wanted him to do, what he did wrong, how big his penis is, etc.....
I found out things about men I know that I had no idea was going on.
Be warned men, these women aren't bashful about describing you in great and graphic detail.

And then there was the food.
They all sat around talking about the diet they were on while they stuffed cake and ice cream into their mouths.

I hope you guys are getting some benefit from the stuff they're buying, and I hope you don't have many bedroom secrets that you want to keep private.
Women talk, and believe me, your wife's friends know all about you.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

AD..I could not have said that better...so true...
some of them like to twitter their bedroom secrets like little birds...
Sad to say.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Thanks AD.
It's true that they love to share secrets that should be kept within the relationship.

Once they open the wine and crack a few coolers, these ladies (if you can even call them ladies at that point), they start bragging just like men do at the bar.

Fair Warning Ladies, the men talk about you the same way you talk about us.
It's just done in a different setting.

It's all good though, I think all this talk is the lubricant that allows us to be a society.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I'm sure my wife and hefr friends talk about me, I mean I've slept with most of them and as for the wife's sister. One word: dirty!!

Go girls, it's ya party *Mad arm flinging dance moves*

MonKey

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

AH! Chikey I'm shocked! Are you admitting to sleeping with your wifes friends and her sister?
WOW dude.....:shk:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

One of her friends, yes (bestfriend). Otherwise we would never have met!!

Her sister no, afraid not: wishful thinking!!

MonKey

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Well that makes for interesting conversation doesn't it....

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

AD, considering the topic at hand...interesting use of the word "lubricant"

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

One big happy family!!

P.S. I can feel you frowning from 20'000 miles away, how cool is that!!

Water under the bridge now, The wife and I have been together for nearly 9 years, married for nearly 4.

Whenever we all get together I always suggest a 3some all I get is "I'm never sleeping with you again!" and that's just the wife!!

MonKey

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think, like MM said its just a social gathering opportunity much like us boys have except in a different setting.
And i say thank god for the lingerie and toy party's. If i bought home some of the stuff my wife brings home i would get thrown out of the house but if she brings it home then its game on.
"Sisters are doing it for themselves"
"I'll get by with a little help from my friends"

Go with the flow boony, i love it when i see one of those invites stuck to the fridge door, "happy days are here again".
at least until the next one.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

It's all good Chikey...no Frowning from me...I'm sure your wife knew before you got together.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

AD, considering the topic at hand...interesting use of the word "lubricant"

I try AD.......
It's an apt expression for what greases the gears that keeps society on it's rails.

I'm not too keen on keeping it in the family, but brothers can share the same woman, and often do.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Ok I see how it is. Men get together at the bar, talk about how big our boobs and bedroom habits and it's just a good ol boys night out, but when women get together and do it...then it's a bunch of hens?

Granted I don't talk to random women about what goes on in my bedroom, but my two best friends who have been my friends for years...absolutly.

I have only been to one of those parties honestly. It was a sex toy party, there actually were a couple of guys there. I didn't hear any gossip. A lady demonstrated some of the toys, we looked at some lingere, had a beer and some food, I won the door prize, and then we left.

With things like sex toys, jewelry and make-up. A lot of times these parties will have some things that are hard to find in a special store. Especially jewelry, every place you go to has a different style of jewelry. I think that women like to go to every possible venue to find that one piece to drive her wild. So why not go to a jewelry party and see if they have something different?

As far as tupperware, it's not the 70's anymore. You can find the exact same stuff in every store everywhere!

top topics

join