It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darwinia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
How come nobody talked about one of the greatest games in the decade? I won't go into much detail, but I will say this: if you are an old gamer like myself, if you liked Lemmings, Centipede, Cannon Fodder and your favourite movie is Tron, then this game is for you. It has action, absolutely astouning graphics and a beautiful story that it will get you all in tears when you get to the final.

I'll let the demo speak for itself.

Darwinia

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I played the Demo via Steam/Valve(?) it was only lvl 1 but I really enjoyed it all three times I played it.

I should have bought it but never mind.
I agree, It is a great game that doesn't get too much recognition.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think the gameplay style is overshadowed by the FPS and RPG games of today.

If im thinking of the right game, it was made by introvision right? Independant company out of the UK?

I own the first game they ever published....Uplink.

Just a hacker sim (i know, lame) but it was fun when it first game out.

Good software company, but in this day and age, hard to get the fame deserved when games like Crysis and Unreal Tournament 3 are around the corner.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
But I think that's exactly the point. Darwinia is not just a game, and Introversion are not a couple of guys making software, they're a statement. To make games in 2007 of 20 MB with 3 o 4 guys, to make those games addictive and extremelly fun. It's a statement against huge game companies, against hardware manufacturers, against gamers that just look for technical aspects. The more important part of a game is that it makes you have fun for hours, and you don't need DVD readers or the last piece of hardware. That's what they're after, and I think they are accomplishing it.

On the downside, even though Darwinia is, for me, one of the best games I've ever played, it's a little closed. It has all these obscure references and a "weird" interface that surely turn off many gamers. But alas, not even the greatest wine is enjoyable for everyone.

[edit on 30-10-2007 by Radiobuzz]

join