It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBCs new Phenomenon show. What do you think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
So i caught some of that new phenomenon show with Cris Angel and Uri Geller. From the commercials it looked like the acts were going to be hackier than they turned out, kind of. I caught 3 of the 4 acts, the 1st 2nd and 4th. Now the 2nd and 4th seemed more like acts you would see in Vegas or some place like that. A mentalist and a guy who used mentalist power to prevent himself from feeling the pain of a wolftrap on his hand, ie mind over matter etc. however the 1st guest used the 2 "celeb guests" to transfer the sense of touch from one guy to carmen electra and then "read" her as she imagined being touched somewhere which he wrote on a card. This act i was interested in. However, being a TV show they show next to no background on the person, and although they say their broadcasting live you can never be so sure with tv.

Anyone else catch this show? what do you think of these contestants and their "powers"?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
i personally find the animated show 'Drawn Together' more engaging !
10:30 PM Comedy Channel

the mentalists, rely on the suspension of disbelief as their ultimate tool,

I'll never forget the Uri Geller trick-master, who failed to bend those spoons each & every time he was in a controlled situatin,,,,
but he miracously bent countless spoons with his mind when nobody was recording or watching his mental endeavors....
he's got name recognition that carried him this far
but the quality of his mental powers are/were/still are lacking.

I believe Uri also fooled around with that 'Kirlian Photography'
...which is in the same realm as these new 'Ionic Air Cleaners'/ or is it 'Moronic air cleaner' ??
which has no moving parts and uses no motor, but will empty one's wallet or cause a balloon to be suspended in the air, as proof that it works at $300 per unit

i think that another fellow, the cynic guy, launched his living by challenging other psychics/mentalists to do something he couldn't
replicate & he bet a Million Dollars on the line...
his name was The Amazing 'Randi' or something similar

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

i think that another fellow, the cynic guy, launched his living by challenging other psychics/mentalists to do something he couldn't
replicate & he bet a Million Dollars on the line...
his name was The Amazing 'Randi' or something similar

Yes, "The Amazing Randi". I've heard a LOT of bad things about his challenge. Such as he comes up with the rules, if you don't agree then you don't do the challenge; and that his rules often require a near 100% success rate to deem the results as positive(or even suggest anything strange).

I've also heard(and read E-Mails that were supposed to come from him) that he is an absolute jerk, comes in with an enormous bias(scientific my foot), and that your lucky if he accepts your offer to do the challenge(I think I also heard that he'll call you a fraud right from the start without any investigation; but don't quote me on that).

Overall I've heard that he's an arrogant pseudo-skeptic(btw, I've got nothing against GOOD skepics who actually consider evidence, come in with a neutral[or, at least, close to neutral] mind; just the pseudo-skeptics).

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
i saw the show....liked the only act you didnt catch...3rd...that guy was pretty damn good...the others...meh...coulda been better...i mean they did good buh wasnt that impressive....maybe next week will be better itll be a halloween special with the other six contestents...hope they step thier game up...

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
what did the third act do or try to prove?

new topics

top topics

join