It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery Astronauts Checking for Damage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Discovery Astronauts Checking for Damage

www.nytimes.com

After a lengthy discussion last week, top mission managers deemed Discovery safe for launch even though NASA's own safety group wanted to delay the liftoff to conduct further testing and possibly replace the panels. It's unknown whether cracks could worsen and cause the coating to chip off and make the area more vulnerable to the 3,000-degree heat of re-entry.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-10-2007 by anhinga]

[edit on 24-10-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Seriously, when there's doubt, why send the thing up there? And please, tell me, all you space cadets -- when is the latest fleet of whatever the update is available for takeoff? These shuttles are done, sick of hearing about FOAM (?!!) panels.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Originally posted by anhinga

Seriously, when there's doubt, why send the thing up there? These shuttles are done, sick of hearing about FOAM (?!!) panels.

It certainly makes you wonder, doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
(Apologies about the "deathtrip" line in the subject UM_Gazz)

Does it? Not really, the agency seems so corrupt from what I've been reading about their involvement w/ CIA that nothing surprises me, I think they took the last one down via HAARP to be honest w/ you. It re-enters Earth over Indian Ocean and is flying normal, then BAM! It blows. Wouldn't it not of made re-entry at all should there not of been funny biz? Then, the endless press conf (2003) about the "foam" w/ the shuttle model/toy -- it seemed really far-fetched.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Full STS-120 thread running here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join