It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons Why I Love NYC, reason number 9

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Crazy Street People.

Not just the homeless either. There are so many lunatics wandering the streets that walking out the door is pure entertainment. They'd be higher on the list if not for the fact that, at times, they can be scary, abbrasive, rude and downright dangerous.

I've seen a woman with a tampon in her nose, men who will squat and relieve themselves in the middle of a busy corner, men dressed as birds (cooing at the pigeons no less), a man camouflaged with newspapers, singing nuts, dancing loons and homeless women who offer to "show you mah stuff for a dollar." (I gave her a fiver to never offer to show it to anyone).

the highlight of this list is the man who is currently wandering around 34th and 7th. He is well dressed, clearly not a homeless man. He's simply angry. At jews. Who was he railing about jews to? Potted plants. He walked up to a potted plant and started screaming about the jews this and the jews that. He then moved on to another potted plant and continued his rant.

I didn't have the heart to tell him the plants he was talking to were protestants.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Yep, gotta love it. Sometimes when I get to Penn Station, I need to use the restroom. I love the street guy who always wants to hand me a towel after I wash my hands. I wonder how long that last tooth he has is going to hang in there. I'd like to paint my kitchen the same color green as that tooth.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I heard a theory once that all the raving street people are actually tuned in to each other on a wavelength the rest of us can't hear. So the guy yelling at potted plants was probably really yelling at some guys across town who were getting on his nerves.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
That is actually reason number 1 that I love New Orleans.

New Orleans can be accused of being a lot of things, but, home to the craziest street people on the planet is one that I think they are most proud of. They also have some crazy talented street musicians and con-children.

child: "Hey mister....I bet you 10 dollars I know where you got dem shoes"
sucker: "Oh really, haha, alright then, where?
child: "On ya feet!"

and yes, they pay......well, most of the time.

Jasn

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

NO? Reason #1? Really? Mine's a toss up between the music, the food and the rotting wine and cheese smell.

Mardi Gras and Jazz Fest don't make the list because it would seem sort of obvious.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I saw a woman smoking crack in the subway once during rush hour in midtown.

Sometimes I can be a little crazy out on the street too if I'm drunk, but I'm generally not dangerous

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I seriously lol'd out loud (in my head - I'm at school
) at the potted plants thing.

Jews did potted plants.

[edit on 10/24/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I always assumed that smell was urine since it was at least an inch deep all over Bourbon.

The food is great, but it's got nothing on the crazies. Though, that little pizza by the slice place in the Riverwalk was awesome. In all fairness, all of my New Orleans trips were during my alcoholic days and I would be wasted from the time I hit Gautier, Mississippi until the time I hit it again, therefore, I didn't really eat.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Jeeze, will somebody get this guy a blog, already.

Good luck at the LIVE EVENT, mate. (yes you did say that)

[edit on 2-11-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Great post i like reading these New york ones,livinng in london i can relate to to them.

It remined me of some of the "cranks" i have encounted, i even nicked named a few, id see them that offen.

The fist one i nicknamed "The Wall" the reason being be smelt no thats wrong he didnt smell he STANK,he stank so bad if you cought wind of him while you was walking along the street the reflex action in you would,would make you switch directions,and walk the opoisit way you couldnt help it But man you should of heard him sing like Pavarotti he was. He looked liked Charlie Chaplin same shoes same suite, no cain or hat though.And he had dreadloacks, and all you ever saw was his massive nose pokeing threw the curtins of his hair.

[edit on 3-11-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

top topics

join