It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can you smell it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

the inside of the biceps are insane....i would say equally painful as the knuckles....
thats why you see a lot of people go in with th intent on getting an armband of come sort and stopping with a strip that don't go all the way around cause that part hurts like a mo...

sometimes it has to be done though you know....

i also get what major is saying about the nerves. they can play tricks on you...i have theater masks inked pretty high up on my chest but when the lady was doing it, it felt exactly like the needle was raking across my nipple and it was nowhere near it....it felt that way the entire time and on both sides.

you said you want to get it done on the ankle?
thats gonna hurt a bit but it won't be unbearable...you'll be able to feel the vibrations as the needle goes over the bone...

don't hesitate to tell them to stop for a minute or something if you need to....

just don't trip yourself out....i'm telling you that it IS gonna hurt but it is NOT gonna hurt as much as you think it will.
you are prepping yourself for this intense pain that is just not going to be there. shy of going over one of the mean spots, i would call it more of an annoyance than anything...

i bet you right now that you get it done and you'll be kinda laughing at yourself for being all worked up over 'nothing'...laughing cause you thought it was gonna be sooooooooo painful and it was kinda meh....
i'll give you 1k of my points is i am right....

be honest now

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I love this thread, besides the raw foot smell(jk).

The word tats hell yeah, am getting some myself.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Yeah, a smaller first tattoo isn't going to hurt that much. Think of scratching a sunburn. I hate needles too, but it's not like getting a shot at all. It's a completely different experience.

My first tattoo was on the upper part of my arm, a few inches below the shoulder. When he was done with it -- took about 45 minutes -- I felt like saying, "Is that it?" It wasn't that bad at all.

Part of what can make a tat really burn is how long they're working on you. The larger and more intricate the tattoo, the longer it takes, and the more it hurts. Your nerves in that area get really sensitive after a while and then you get to squirming.

One thing that's really important is to be well hydrated before you go in, have a good meal so that you aren't hungry. Low blood sugar contributes to both pain, and to a tendency to faint. Be sure to take breaks when it gets unbearable -- nobody will think you're a wuss. They'd rather you took a five minute breather than pass out. And drink water during the course of the procedure, if it is an hour or more.

Once it starts healing, it starts itching like hell. Once that's done, you'll forget the pain and be ready for another.

They're so addictive.

<< 1   >>

join