It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Lived A Scene From My Favorite Movie!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Last night I really did live a scene from my favorite movie. As many of you know, my favorite movie of all time is Jaws.

I had just gotten done watching the Bears march down the field and beat the Eagles in the final seconds of the game. I was not in a very good mood. My wife was laughing at me. She just doesn't get it how much a win or loss means! No, I didn't feed her to a shark.
Hmmmmmm............ Anyone know of a place where you can rent a shark? Man! Now there's an idea for a business!

So anyway I cooked up a couple hot dogs for li'l lombozo, my dog yabaastad, satan - (wait I mean my lovely wife!), and myself.
So I'm rather morose as we sit at the table.
I pick up my hot dog and take a bite. Across the table I see li'l lombozo pick up his hot dog and take a bite. I wipe my mouth with my napkin. He does the same. I take a sip of my drink. He does the same.
Oh man! Gotta try it! I fold my hands. He does the same. I flex my fingers. He does the same. I make a scary monster face. He does the same. Talk about cool!

Then I hear............

"What are you trying to pretend your the guy from Jaws? L'il lombozo. Stop playing and eat your hot dog."

Talk about breaking the mood!

I'm beginning to believe that OJ Simpson is a really good guy, just misunderstood.

It was the first time that he really was copying me move for move. I guess unless you've lived it that you can't understand how cool it is. I wish that I could convey the feelings through my words.

This little man. Someone who I've watched from literally the first moment of life. A pink plus sign on a couple pregnancy test sticks. A kicking movement in my wifes tummy. Seeing the very tippy top of his head a minute or two before he was birthed. Holding him seconds after he was born. Wiping poopy from my fingers after a failed diaper changing attempt. Putting band aids on his boo boos. Watching him overcome, and become a little person.

This little man. He's emulating me. I know he loves me. But now it's different. I can't explain it.

I've failed miserably in some things in my life. I've also accomplished some wonderful things in my life. I've won awards in several different things. Several gold medals in graphic design. Best of Philly for my bakery. Small Businessman of the year in South Jersey. This is the single biggest compliment I've ever had. EVERYTHING else pales in comparison.

Allright. I think I have to go listen to some Harry Chapin.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
There's nothing like the adulation of your own child.

My 19 month old likes to help me with the housework. I use "help" in the loosest possible sense of the word. It's more like he tries to stuff himself in the dishwasher and the washing machine with the dishes and laundry.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Awesome stuff man.

They always get ya when you least expect it (kids and sharks strangly enough!!)

If you find a shark, any chance of a discount! The LAW has been chewin my ear all day!! I'll even throw in a number plate or two, we all know sharks love em!

MonKey

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I love the way you share little moments like this.It reminds us that there are humans with real lives behind the avatars.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What another great story Lombozo!!! I always loved that scene in Jaws.
My younger Bro' still copies me from time to time and he's just turned 20 lol!!! If your not careful Lombozo your going to end up having to adopt half of ATS/BTS because of your loving family orintated stories!!

[edit on 22-10-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Lombozo,

This is more or less completely off topic, but I can't resist pointing this out. I had NO IDEA you were an Eagles man! That makes us kindred spirits my friend. Although I'm far removed from good ol' Philly, I've only grown into a bigger fan.

Good to know I've got a fellow Iggle here at ATS.

Oh, and next time I'm in Philly, you're gonna have to invite me to this bakery of yours!

E-A-G-L-E-S.....EAGLES!!!!!!!

[edit on 22-10-2007 by nyk537]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Dude, that is awesome! Too bad the wifey had to come and rain on your parade.

I love your feel-good family-based threads, Lombozo.
They always provide me with a nice lift of morale on crappy days like this one.

Thanks!

top topics

join