It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do you inform friends, who think you are crazy when you try to expose the truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
guys

recentely i have been trying to explain how things really work, to my friends.

first up, they ALL think im crazy. also, some of them have gotten angered and billergerent over the theories i try and explain to them.

i mean it! they get furious with me, screaming at me to 'shut up.'

has anyone else had similar expiriences? and if so, how did you get them to at least listen a little bit?

even when i show them facts, they say, 'it can't be real.' for sure, my friends all watch mainstream media news networks. me, i never watch the news, cause since high school, i figured it was all a scham.

so basically, if anyone has any advice on how to just talk about situations similar to ones on this site, PLEASE let me know! my friends are laughing, and getting super angry with me, whenever i mention something real that is going on.

thanks in advance!

[edit on 21-10-2007 by dantanna]

[edit on 21-10-2007 by dantanna]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I say respect your friends and just dont talk about it if it bothers them so much.

Its like any other controversal issue (politics, relgion, etc). Some people dont want to talk about it.

Im a Christian but I dont go around preaching to everyone. Not everyone believes what I believe and I accept that. That is life.

Also, many things that I believe are "fact" or "truth" may not be. LOL And same with you. Just something to think about. I mean, you may believe the earth is really flat. You may have a zillion things to back up your belief. But if your friends believe its round and just dont want to believe what you do. Leave it at that. You can not force people to believe what you believe. And I would be annoyed if someone was trying to do that to me

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Hi Dantanna. Sounds like you're genuinely trying to help explain certain things which make sense to you. Thing is, you can't change someone's perspective overnight.

Stop trying so hard to explain everything to them, and instead just drop little hints here and there. Ask them questions, so that they ask themselves. Don't come straight out and give them the answer (especially if it sounds crazy). Let them answer it on their own.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
thanks guys, for the replies!

i actually go to church each weekend too! but i would never ever tell someone else, that they 'need to go to church' or any other religious rules i follow!

my theory is, never let anyone have to live with my rules, cause my rules are only built for me. meaning, everyone else has to set up their OWN set of rules, in order to be productive.

but dropping the hints sounds great. i only wish i had thought of the subtel approach, before trying to tell them everything i learned in one sitdown.

my brothers girlfriend the other day joked to me about, 'the world is coming to an end.' so obviously, i blew my chances with those guys, at least for the time being.

new topics

top topics

join