It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason Why I Love NYC, reason 62

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm standing on line at the local pharmacy. This is one of those large pharmacy type stores that sells everything from soap and medicine to pencils and halloween candy. Anyway, there's an old lady in front of me and she's asking the cashier for help in finding something. The cashier has a look of horror on her face so, naturally, I lean in for a better listen.

The old lady says "I need a small container with powder for dead bodies."

The girl behind the counter says "we don't sell containers for dead bodies."

"no, I need a container of powder for the dead body. A dead body container. With Powder."

The woman turns around and asks me if I can help her. I, of course, tell her I am no longer in the body disposal business."

The girl behind the counter cracks up. The old lady looks confused. Then a dude on the next line turns around and says "damn, I got a ton of bodies in my basement and I stopped looking for containers and powders ages ago."

Everyone turned to look at this guy and he looked like your standard, run of the mill serial killer.

Out of nowhere, another dude goes "I've been looking for a meeting like this for years. Hi, my name is Joe and I'm a serial killer."

Four people went "Hi Joe" in unison.

Full moon. All Hallows Eve is nigh.

Strange things are afoot at the circle K (ok, Duane Reade)

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Man, I love those situations.
where a few strangers are on the same wavelength, great banter ensues..

I wonder if she ever found her powder?
Lawn and garden dept..I think

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I've commented on the Duane Reade before:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I've got mixed feelings on DR. They're everywhere so you wind up using them and they are always missing one thing so you need to go to at least two. they do, at times, have some of the slowest, dumbest people working but every so often you find someone there who is so nice, so caring (pharmacists) that you forget the dumb factor long enough to go back.

top topics

join