It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Planning to Stay In Office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

From this morning's White House press conference:

Reporter: Mr. President, following up on Vladimir Putin for a moment, he said recently that next year, when he has to step down according to the constitution, as the president, he may become prime minister; in effect keeping power and dashing any hopes for a genuine democratic transition there ...

Bush: I've been planning that myself.

www.salon.com...

As dictated by the laws of nature, now it has been publicly observed, there is a 50% chance he is joking.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm sure he would like too, but honestly, I don't think he's going to keep his office unless a nuclear attack occurs.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Over my cold dead lifeless body. He has brought the end of America as we know it.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mantic

man i would rather have him then any of the idiot running for pesident. hes not a bad president he gets a bad rep from all those idiots on the left.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by doobie12488

and the ones on the right too ... plus the ones in the middle.

Face it ... he is either a bumbling idiot, or a brilliant man playing a bumbling idiot ... I think it is the latter of the two.

You are entitled to your opinion though

If he does such a thing, that will bring forth a revolution ... a real one. He will then have thrown out something that is necessary for democracy and a democratic republic ... elections. If yo don't have that ... then it is no longer the land of the free ... and the united states of america.

maybe you should read the stuff we were founded on, then realize how wrong it would be.

If he does it, people will flip out for certain ... and if the military truly is taught to defend the constitution ... he will be forcibly removed and tried in military court as a criminal ... and they could since he is 'commander in chief' ... take him to gitmo and let him serve out his sentence of life as a military felon ... oh wait, treason is death isn't it?

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobie12488
man I would rather have him then any of the idiot running for pesident. hes not a bad president he gets a bad rep from all those idiots on the left.

Amen brother, Amen!

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
That's just typical spontaneous, self-depricating, Bush humor at its best, meant only to put the anti-Bush crowd in a frenzy.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
That simpleton Village Idiot would like nothing better than to be the MAN.

Over my dead body with 25 bullets pumped into me and a bullet to the front of the head if i can help it.

That schmock has to be dragged out of that White house kicking and screaming if i have to do it myself.

Enough BS.

* Inhale...Exhale*

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Eclipse_Solar

darkheartrising ... is that you?

a republic democracy cannot exist with a monarch. Any conservative should be turning red and spitting fire over even joking about such a thing

If you want to live under such a system, there are plenty of countries available to you. Feel free to leave at anytime, or, stay here and uphold our constitution and bill of rights ... support our system against such violations. Be a proud patriot, not a blind follower.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist
reply to post by Eclipse_Solar

darkheartrising ... is that you?

a republic democracy cannot exist with a monarch. Any conservative should be turning red and spitting fire over even joking about such a thing

If you want to live under such a system, there are plenty of countries available to you. Feel free to leave at anytime, or, stay here and uphold our constitution and bill of rights ... support our system against such violations. Be a proud patriot, not a blind follower.

I'm a neo conservative. And I live in my own nation that is being occupied by the USA, I'm no Indian you can ask to leave, I will stay and fight at my birth soil.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
That simpleton Village Idiot would like nothing better than to be the MAN.

Don't be an idiot, he can't and won't.
After he leaves office he may still be involved in politics to some degree but of course there will be people that will say "Aha, he is still the MAN".

I've always found it interesting how people call him an idiot, yet he still manages to outsmart and outwit his attackers, which leads to the question:
"Who is more foolish, the fool, or those that he outfools?"

new topics

top topics

join