It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most fake bombs missed by screeners

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
What? No Tazings?

I want more Tazings. Taze the guys that miss the bombs. Taze the undercover guys with the fake stuff first and ask questions about who they are later.

I'm terribly, terribly disappointed.

There should at least be cavity checks and probes. What are the storm troopers coming to? It's disgraceful.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Doesn't surprise me.

Last time I flew int'l out of LAX (a year ago March), I was aghast to discover that I'd left my stainless steel Leatherman-Micra tool in my carry-on bag. The blade's not as big as the blade of my Leatherman Original...but it's much sharper (I discovered it while unpacking, back home).

I'd speculate that a lot of those airport security employees are ex USAF 2T231. Tired, indifferent and unmotivated, by and large (as was I).

I wonder if the effort goes into the performance of inconveniencing the punters; angry faces, long queues.

In fairness to them, however, I wonder if they're sort of fighting their own little "Vietnams" underneath those too-tight-slacks they inevitably wear; are their orders too mind-numbingly PC to allow them the freedom to actually think proactively enough to possibly stop the delivery of a smoking bomb silkscreened with "TNT" into the cabin? Maybe they're hip to the BS they must endure from Their Man.

Meh.
F

[edit on 20/10/07 by Fuggle]

<< 1   >>

join