It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Setting The Stage For a North American Union Currency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Setting The Stage For a North American Union Currency

www.opednews.com

In May of this year David Dodge Governor of the Bank of Canada said that a unified currency with the U.S. was a real possibility. Bob Chapman, publisher of the news letter, the International Forecaster, said that the amero, “will be presented to the American public as the administrations solution for dollar recovery.” Steve Previs, a vice president at Jefferies International LTD., a London investment firm, has openly prompted a move over to the amero. Speaking of the amero, he said that it, “is a proposed currency for a North American Community which is being developed right now between Canada, the U.S., and Mexico.” He went on to say that the agenda is a, “borderless community, much like the European Union, with the U.S. dollar, the Canadian dollar, and the Mexican peso being replaced by the amero.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Decent column against the premise of the Union, can't see any good
in it myself, as do a lot of others I know and obviously, a lot of
heads on this site.

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
This is deliberately misleading anhinga. David Dodge is no longer in that postion and the way the article is constructed and presented by you seem a massive overeach of spin to a Canadian who follows such stuff.

I won't bug you too much but know that I disagree with your interpretation and characterization of events but since you are only ever presenting one side in your "news" it isn't really worthwhile beyond pointing it out to other members...

Please continue, and thank you for contributing.

vic

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I think this could very well happen but it is also being discused else where.

thread 1
thread 2
thread 3

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
If it does take place, wouldn't it be good to be buying the mexican peso now, and getting a lot of peso's, then when it finally joins up and becomes an amero it would be worth more, such as 1 peso = 1 amero.

it's like what happened with east and west germany. all of a sudden east germany and west germany's currency became as one, and the people with the weaker dollar had a 1:1 ratio as the more powerful currency, pretty much making millionaires overnight....

new topics

top topics

join