It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military Technology Being Exported Illegally Is a Growing Concern

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Pentagon investigators thought they had discovered a major shipment of contraband when they intercepted parts for F-14 Tomcat warplanes headed to Iran, via FedEx, from Southern California. Under U.S. sanctions since its 1979 revolution, Tehran had been trying for years to illegally obtain spare parts for the fighters, which are used only in Iran.

heres the linkNEWS SOURCE

talk about some wacked stuff this takes the cake.

well apparently i need to add some more coments so here it is

it amazes me how little attention is paid by customs when by comparison the riaa and the mpaa seems to be proactive against theft.

america is basically like an open book to other nations, but if securing it means losing out on the very thing that makes this place great "freedom" well then i wont close that book but i will use invisible ink and write in comanche so they cant decipher it.

mod edit: changed quote tags to external quote tags
Quote Reference (review link)

[edit on 16-10-2007 by UK Wizard]

[edit on 10/16/2007 by razor1000]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I think I remember reading story on military.com about the possibility when the F-14 was decommissioned (05 or 06). Given the shear amount of spare parts that the military would have to have on hand to keep an aircraft type flying for a full service life, I can see keeping track of all those parts being shoddy. Not excusing it happen, but not terribly surprised that this

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by razor1000

these topics and so on always remind me of Lord of wars
since these weapons always end up in the wrong hands and used against the same people that build them.

a quote from lord of wars

Yuri Orlov

The reason I'll be released is the same reason you think I'll be convicted. I *do* rub shoulders with some of the most vile, sadistic men calling themselves leaders today. But some of these men are the enemies of *your* enemies. And while the biggest arms dealer in the world is your boss - the President of the United States, who ships more merchandise in a day than I do in a year - sometimes it's embarrassing to have his fingerprints on the guns. Sometimes he needs a freelancer like me to supply forces he can't be seen supplying. So. You call me evil, but unfortunately for you, I'm a necessary evil.

new topics

join