It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T.I. Arrested After Undercover Machine-Gun Deal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
reply to post by Boondock78

I KNOW IT IS ILLEGAL!

Check out the thread I linked to, I question the illegality, and I point out how it is a targeted justice. The illegality of the purchase is not my point, it is the justice of that illegality.

k, i read the thread and you are all over the place about injustice, the jena 6, stand up and support T I...

you ask about his right to bear arms as a felon and i and others already told you and you could have found with a little looking that if you are a felon, no, you can't have guns.

you suggested he was popped cause he is 'disliked' by authority....
saying he is a vic of political roundup.

i just flat out don't agree.
i think he knows damn well what he was doing and i hope they throw the book at his ass. alreay a convicted felon and he is trying to get machine guns, ILLEGALLY and you are trying to stick up for him, via his lyrics.

that is very, VERY lame imo....

just me talking though.

you said this

He should have the right to defend himself in his own home as guaranteed in the Constitution

and he does have a right. just not with guns as he is a felon. not with illegaly purchased guns either way.

you also said this

It is possible he only bought the guns illegally because he, by law, does not have the right to bear arms.

^^^^uhh, you think?

basically, you sound like a giant T I fanboy...

C YA

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

I am not talkning about what the law says, I am talking about justice. They are not the same thing.

Guess what, just because it is a law does not make it just, if I just wanted someone to repeat the law I would read the first paragraph of every news article. I also find it a bit immature to claim my point is because I am a fan boy, you somehow have attached a bad thing to being a fan of his, showing your view is your bias and nothing to do with thinking. And I have mentioned I am not a fan of his.

Here is post in other thread

I can only say I am not a fan of his anymore then 1000 other singers. My point is not even about him. I will accept your point of view. Just don't make my point something out to be something it is not, it is not a fan club thing, it is a justice thing, even if you do not agree.

I read the 'worm up an excuse' part, but I will just ignore it, some day if you understand what I meant remember this thread.

OK nope not going to ignore it. Try and think of the laws not as the things we follow, but the things we make, and the things we must examine. Crimes even when wrong give us an opportunity to look at the justice of our laws, and not just blindly accept there application on society. My point is to foster thought on issues of society, not to have a simple law read back to me. Yes it is illegal for a felon to have a gun. That never was my point.

If a Jew in Nazi Germany did not get on a rail car, would you say, he broke the law, I agree this is not the same, but the point is the same, think, and counter my points above if you believe them wrong.

Also I already typed I was not a fan, so not only did you assume that was my motive, you already ignored my statement on that issue.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

i don't get it...justice??? what do u mean.??? he broke his parole violation plain and simple.

there are other people who are convicted felons and do the same. they arent famous so it doesn't get out to the press.

this happens EVERYDAY we just dont hear about it all..so what do you mean by the whole justice thing?
what would be "just' in this situation?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
i'm the first one to say not all laws are just. i also say all the time, i live my life my way, by my rules and i will take consequences for my actions.
i partake in an illegal substance.
am i breaking the law? yes. do i care? no. imo, should it be illegal? no

that said, nothing in this T I business is about justice.

talking about jews riding the rails is insane if you ask me. has no bearing on this at all.
your implication is that he is not liked cause of his lyrics. you know there are/were far more influential musicians out there before T I that were really doing things like, debating congress, debating cencorship comitties, going on NATIONAL shows like cnn's crossfire to debate politicians....

T I says something in his songs and this becomes a conspiracy??

dude is a thug and he got popped...simple as that. no conspiracy...no injustice was done.

lets see, in 97 he was popped and convicted for distributing coke and manufacturing an illegal substance. got probation. he violated that in 04 and went to jail.
then he got popped for posession of a firearm and x...yeah, there were warrants out for him and now that he is in jail, after he deals with this, he will get sent to the county that happened in to face it.
then there was the whole threatening a guy outside of a club
now he has these illegal gun charges to deal with...TWO felonies..

i think they were pretty JUST in what happened.....this guy has been in trouble of some sort for damn near 10 years not.....i think justice IS being served.

don't worry, i'll paste this over in your other thread too

<< 1   >>

join