It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time and Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Does time show us that we survive death? I say it does.

Time tells us alot about the nature of reality. Our world is based on the past, present and future and if these things are a persistent illusion, then everything we think we know falls apart.

Here's a quote from Einstein:

"Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

Hawking talks about imaginary time and he says imaginary time is actually more real than the time that we experience.

So what does this mean when it comes to death?

What this tells us is that we all have a timeless nature. Every particle in your body exist in a timeless state while experiencing this potential reality.

Is there an energy associated with this timeless state? Yes, zero point energy.

People think when you die this nature and the energy associated with this timeless nature vanish. That doesn't make any sense. I know some have put their faith in death because they see it as the only certain thing in this world of uncertainty but they are blinded by the world of the senses.

Science is great but it doesn't give you all of the answers. There's something greater than science and it's called reason.

Parmenides claimed that the truth cannot be known through sensory perception. Only pure reason (Logos) will result in the understanding of the truth of the world. This is because the perception of things or appearances (the doxa) is deceptive. We may see, for example, tables being made from wood and destroyed, and speak of birth and demise; this belongs to the superficial world of movement and change. But this genesis-and-destruction, as Parmenides emphasizes, is illusory, because the underlying material of which the table is made will still exist after its destruction. What exists must always exist. And we arrive at the knowledge of this underlying, static, and eternal reality (aletheia) through reasoning, not through sense-perception.

en.wikipedia.org...

Again, if time is a persistent illusion, then our world truly breaks down. What this also lets us know is that we exist in a timeless state while experiencing this potential reality.

Look at the paranormal. Things like ghosts, near death experiences, reincarnation psychic ability. I believe psychics have access to our timeless nature and therefore our timeline. In time all that has happened has already occured. If your gonna get married 2 years from now it has already happened in time. With psychics you have 20 year police veterans vouching for their abilities. I don't think it's supernatural, I just think that psychic ability is a natural event that we have yet to explain in the world of the senses. If you were to go back 2,000 years ago and clone a sheep, the people of that period would call it a supernatural event. I also think that transition after death in this world occurs naturally.
For someone to argue that these things are supernatural, they would first have to show that the supernatural exists. We just label things supernatural that we don't understand.

Also, it has to do with their belief system. A person will not label string theory or quantum loop gravity supernatural and they don't fully understand them, but they will call psychic ability supernatural. They do this because psychic ability challenges their pre-existing belief system. When their belief system is challenged reason is thrown out of the window.

I will leave you with a quote from Alfred Russel Wallace. A scientist who helped Darwin with natural selection and he was also a spiritualist:

I thus learnt my first great lesson in the inquiry into these obscure fields of knowledge, never to accept the disbelief of great men or their accusations of imposture or of imbecility, as of any weight when opposed to the repeated observation of facts by other men, admittedly sane and honest. The whole history of science shows us that whenever the educated and scientific men of any age have denied the facts of other investigators on a priori grounds of absurdity or impossibility, the deniers have always been wrong.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
i think time is an illusion really

in a philosophical sense and in a physical sense.

ive exsperianced time slowing and stopping many times. once was a car wreck exsperiance. some others have been with substances like salvia.

maybe when we die, you are released from time. you could reincarnate the second after you leave your body, but in spirit time it could be 1000's of years.

there is a bible verse that says, a day for the lord is like 1000 years and 1000 years is like a day, or something like that.

its intresting what you said about letting go of preconcieved notions.
maybe time is just a huge preconcieved notion.
i think that is the most important part.
great post and research!

...i have a strong suspicion that time is an illusion.

join