It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noone cares about Mars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Most people I know dont give a damn about ANYTHING that is going on, much less mars. I know several people who would probably cry about abercrombie and fitch shutting down before they cry about people dying in an earthquake or gun fight or anything for that matter. Its all about spending money to buy more cool things, going to malls and movies and not caring. Sure, I like to have cool things also, but it doesnt run my whole life, I like to be in the know about the world and science and events as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Once we have a Mcdonald's there then people will start to pay attention...

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
ask the people who laugh to do a week without flatscreen tv's, mobile phones, pc, notebooks, if ill
no mri, catscan ect. cause those are here through space science.

who

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Well said MarkLuitzen, like when people bitch about car racing, just about everything in cars today is because of racing developments. No one wants to look at the big picture any more. This makes me sad, amazing how everyone only thinks about themselves.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

The reason why people don't care about space exploration in my opinion is that if it doesn't benefit them, then why should it matter. I believe that in a world of materialism and self-centered thoughts, people don't care unless it affects them.

Sadly, it's true...most can't seem to see the bigger picture here... They don't see the future where we are colonizing and terra-forming Mars, to solve our economic, population problems, or the harvesting of an isotope on the moon, that may lead to clean energy...not to mention the firing of the imigination of our youth, and a reacknowledgement of what makes us human...our desire to explore the next hill...

Such people, as the ones who can't see this...aren't living...they are just existing.... Too bad for them.....

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
The reason why people don't care about space exploration in my opinion is that if it doesn't benefit them, then why should it matter. I believe that in a world of materialism and self-centered thoughts, people don't care unless it affects them.

you'r right
this is monkey logic
when you can't eat it and it can't eat you , it doesn't matter
even monkeys are more curious than tha majority of humans

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join