It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is India shying away from manned missions to the moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hello All,

Found some interesting news.
Might already been posted but could not find it.
It's from Oct. 7, 2007

When asked about manned mission to moon, Mr. Annadurai avoided the question. India is an open and free country. It will not do something that cannot be done. Sources from China say, the Chinese manned mission to moon and beyond can be scraped.
Why did Russia and America never have any manned lunar missions since 1969? The answer may lie in the fact that these Governments are not allowed to travel space as they wish by the extraterrestrials. Perhaps humans are restricted to a few hundred miles above the earth!

This was posted on the Indiadaily website.
www.indiadaily.com...

I find it very strange that India says "it cannot be done..."
Cannot reach the moon?
Cannot afford it?
What do they mean with cannot be done?
What do you guys think?

Nando out!

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Maybe India has better educated people in charge of stuff. Going to the moon will cost billions, what is the real financial gain in this venture other than publicity.

India would have to develop multistage rockets much larger than the rockets they have now. America and Russian development of these rockets in the very late 50's and 60's were directly tied in with the military. Better ICBMs came from this. India really doesn't need this scale of technology.

Training facilities would have to be established. A multi-million dollar investment at best.

The resources needed to establish a viable space program is a fairly heavy in material and money. Wouldn't it make real sense to invest this in something the people can actually use such as infrastructures, schools, hospitals, etc. This is what I think the Indian leadership thought process is.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I beg to differ..

There's a dearth of info on the net that suggests India has a systematic well thought out plan to eventually put a man on the moon around 2020-25.

Lunar Orbiter + Impactor - 2008

Lunar Rover - 2012

First Manned Spaceflight - 2015/17

Man on Moon? - 2020/25?

If there is interest on this information and one is unable to locate it online, I will be happy to oblige. Let me know

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

Hello Daedalus,

I thought that also that was Indias original space plan.
But they somehow changed their minds about manned missions.
They aren't my words instead they are from the Indian Space agency.

Indian Space Research Organization’s Mars planetary mission, project director, M Annadurai in Chennai IT

What does he mean with we cannot that should be the question.

Nando out

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
errmm.. I wouldn't read too much into that..
I cannot make out much of what that statement meant anyways. Look for other sources that confirm the same. I'm not too sure about IndiaDaily.

India's needs to get some manned spaceflight and unmanned lunar experience before it can attempt a manned lunar mission.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Check this link for instance..

I believe its the same guy at the very same event.He seems quite peachy about
venturing to new worlds.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
maybe it is a bad translation or like someone else pointed out the indiadaily website may not be the best source for real information. The website itself has a "tabloidish" feel to it with articles like "Want to see how Type IV extraterrestrial civilization created the planet earth?" under technology articles.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PPLwakeUP

Well, maybe they found out about THIS - Van Allen radiation belt

With a bit of research, you would find that the Van Allen belt is one of the frequently invoked bits of 'evidence' when it comes to supporting/propagating the conspiracy theory that we never went to the moon. Maybe the Indians scientific community Googled a bit, or maybe they subscribe to ATS?

new topics

top topics

join