It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this site is so badly laid out

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

If you're hosting the image, you can use ats-tags instead of img-tags. Like this:

[ats]Link to the image you're hosting on Photobucket, uploadit.org or wherever[/ats]

ats-tags are not to be used for "hotlinked" images that you're not hosting.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
If I can figure it out.... Anyone can! Someone on the BTS guessed my age at 104. Not quite, but I'm probably the senior of the ATS.
Do I get extra points for that?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Overall, I think ATS is a great site, well laid out and nav isn't too tough if one first reads the handbook carefully. But two points that need attendance on priority.

> Trolling. Sob! I don't think one can do much about this. The line is too fuzzy. What's sauce for the goose, may be pizza for the gander!

> A method to see and ability to erase posts over the 150 limit. (Member Profile>Threads.) So where and how do I get to see my vintage threads started by me, say of 2004, when I joined ATS? There must be at least 400 of them right now!

Springer did try and answer that question last month, but fell short by half. Any ideas how I can get to see my vintage posts? And have the ability to erase them too?

So what do I do to get hold of my posts over the 150 limit? Open Google search, type in Mikesingh, click, look for "Threads authored by mikesingh", click, and lo and behold! 300 threads listed out in all their glory!! But that's not cool!

So the bottom line is that "member Profile>Threads" should show ALL of one's threads from Adam and not just 150. AND there should be a method of deleting them from here.

If that's incorporated, then ATS gets 5 stars out of 5!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
ouch, i actually think that this site is greatly laid out

i don't think that i had any major problems, but, if i did, i was happy to start a thread or ask a mod (and, subsequently, i would receive answers)...

sorry to hear about your problems, though...

the great thing about this site is that the "higher-ups" do, in fact, listen and care

good luck with everything!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Visions Of Glories Long Past

Originally posted by mikesingh
Any ideas how I can get to see my vintage posts? And have the ability to erase them too?

Finding them is harder than it used to be because SO had to recently disable some of the more database-intensive boolean search features due to heavy system loads. However, it is my understanding that there are plans to vastly improve search and retrieval features in the future.

As for deleting old posts, it used to be possible to edit one's posts without restriction.

Unfortunately, that ability was frequently abused in various ways, such as going back and changing posts so that "embarrassing" posts were removed, or responses to them didn't make any sense, correcting factual errors -- and in some cases members would decide to "erase the past" by going back and removing all their posts, or as many as they could find.

While I can think of a few choice posts of my own I'd rather see disappear, I doubt the ability to freely edit old posts will be restored anytime soon, and instead recommend that we all learn to grin and bear it, and move on in our own ways.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It took me a minute to get used to it also, because right now, for example: I dont see the U2U button, I have to click on MemCenter and then it shows the store, and the U2U feature. You just have to really get used to it, and then you can easily find your way around, it does get confusing alot at times. But i'll deal with it.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

I don't think this site is configured too badly, but, I can't log into belowtopsecret to suggest to YOU that your headaches are coming from chemtrail air pollution.

You should get an air purifier for your bedroom and living room and DE-TOX.
(I have the same thing without one)

[edit on 27-10-2007 by Clearskies]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by rikmono

I personally enjoy the site. Maybe it's for the slightly above normal intellect? I've never had a problem with it, and despite anything that's ever occurred in the past; I think the layout is great and the mods and the business is well taken care of. Good site and fun to watch it evolve.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
can someone tell me how i receive damn email notifications?!?! been trying for weeks. nothing

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jboogienoj

If you mean e-mail notifications of replies to your posts, the site doesn't support that. It's far too busy to send all those e-mails.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
then what's the easiest way to get to your latest post. to be honest this website is a little illogical..

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jboogienoj

On the top of every page is myATS. Hit that button and every thread you posted on is there in descending order. Then, if you're still wondering about your last post, go to your Extended Profile and click on 'posts' at the top of that page.

The Extended Profile you have is best accessed by clicking on your username.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jboogienoj
then what's the easiest way to get to your latest post. to be honest this website is a little illogical..

Click the posts button below any one of your posts...

...or...

Click the myProfile button in the main menu, then click the posts link from there.

...or...

Click on the MyATS button in the main menu, which will have a list of all the threads for which you've subscribed (replied) at the right.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
thanks just sometimes the myats isn't there(logged out i guess) and sometimes it's hard to find one of my posts

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Actually this site is not "badly" laid out. It takes a bit of knowledge and navigation- but hey- anything worth anything requires an investment to be truly appreciated- that is a child who gets a car purchased for him is not as likely to appreciate it as much as if he puts either some savings or earns it entirely himself.

To the mods and webmaster- please ignore this thread as it was obviously started by a frustrated "newbie".

Please accept my highly opinionated and net savvy compliments on a site well put together!

Best,

DK

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join