It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long until our goverment starts using torture on us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Currently, we're living in a world where our goverment claims detainees are not equal to prisoners, where prisons are not equal to detainment camps/facility, where torture is not equal to drowning, sleep deprivation, and/or causing harm without injury to organs or death.

In my mind, I see these as initial steps taken by the goverment to introduce this type of system on its own civilian population. They are testing these techniques on currently "detained" terrorists to test to see how effective it will be on using it on us.

How long do we have until US citizens are no longer arrested but "detained"?

How long do we have till police officers will be able to drown us and then revive us, under the guise that it doesn't count as torture, just to make us talk for being suspects for any crime, no matter how big or small, regardless of whether we are innocent?

How long until we are then transported to "detainment" facilities and kept there for an indefinite amount of time that will never be told to us, without trial or a lawyer?

If this is the police state we have to look forward to to protect our freedoms, think, is it really worth it?

The logic is that if we are detained and held in "detainment facilities," we cannot access a lawyer, because we were never arrested, only detained for an indefinite amount of time.

[edit on 11-10-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
They're already torturing us with absurd taxes and psychological warfare. I can't wait to have my fingers broken, one by one, for going five over the limit.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Yes, but when will it come down to them doing it to the public regarding any crime, not just terrorism?

Will they ok it to someone who's suspected of being a drug dealer, or murderer, or robber?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
as long as they keep taking torture and "redefining" it into "not torture", i don't see this development as far off.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
There's two types of torture. Physical and Mental. They allready use mental torture on us.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
As of now, Bush can hold ANYONE he wants as a 'enemy combatant" with no questions and no release of info to press. All things you say apply (torture, no sentence length, etc.) If your asking how long, NOW.

(CAUTION: This is sparta!)

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
The government has been torturing American Citizens for decades. All the CIA projects which perhaps most people choose to believe never really happened!!!

Go out anywhere and there are cameras somewhere watching you, go into a store and there are cameras watching you........

How many people on a daily basis Nationwide get accused of a crime without evidence and go through hell to defend themselves......and the reason they were accused was simply because someone can do it!!!

These are all mental and emotional tortures and control. We have freedom of speech but try to protest or just say whats on your mind and you'll either be arrested or looked at as a psycho.

I've been living with electrodes in my ears and for years I can receive transmission and it disrupts my concentration and my life. But can I get them removed......no! The Neurologist, Radiologist, and every other doctor in my city chooses to say they don't see anything. I can never express the frightening situations I've been in and still am going through. And, unfortunately, I don't think I'd get any better results from more doctors, etc. Why? People loved to be entertained and as long as it isn't them that has to live like me, then it's alright with them!!!!!!!!!

I am in the process of getting x-ray images from websites that show what normal MRI and CT scans look like. Hopefully, when I get enough of them and show how they compare to my x-rays where there are objects that shouldn't be.......I might just get some doctor with a heart who will tell the truth.

I know I'm off the topic right now, but I just want to say that I hope that none of the members at ATS ever have to go through what I'm going through......family, friends, strangers...nobody will care. It's their fun game......and they don't want their toy taken away.....maybe they should read a book!!!!!!!

I have written to the CIA, FBI, and Senator Edward Kennedy plus others and organizations. I get no responses.....even though they know that the government did not contact people from all their secret projects! It was not just drugs, splitting a child's personality, etc. They have left electrodes in peoples heads and ears, etc. in order to continue their projects under the guise of all the records were disposed of by then Director Richard Helms so they have no idea of who the victims are! How very convenient!!!!!

Now they have H.A.A.R.P and Verichip....and the American people aren't the least bit worried......MIND CONTROL IS TORTURE!!!!!! The government will get away with whatever it can.....for myself I hate what they do to detainees. However, I'm an American Citizen and I have less rights than a terrorist or a foreign resident in America. Every Human Rights organization if you read their sights.....how many Americans are they helping! It always seems to be Human Rights for another country. Anyone can disagree with me......I'm just stating my opinion because of how I have to live.

Rubyteacup

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1337cshacker
As of now, Bush can hold ANYONE he wants as a 'enemy combatant" with no questions and no release of info to press. All things you say apply (torture, no sentence length, etc.) If your asking how long, NOW.

(CAUTION: This is Sparta!)

Just what I was going to say, but I see you beat me to it.

This is one of the few reasons for me to be happy I live in Canada.

top topics

join