It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of diet for low blood pressure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I haven't checked with a doctor yet, but I'm more than certain I've got low-blood pressure because most of the symptoms are there. Besides, I don't want some doctor who just wants to make money to sell me drugs.

So, what kind of foods should I eat to balance things out again?

Edit: Changed title..

[edit on 11-10-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Hey there,

Heres a link with a few good ideas,

www.mothernature.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Thanks! The first suggestion there really stood out for me.

Fill 'er up with water. Dehydration reduces blood volume, which can lead to a drop in blood pressure. "I tell my patients to drink liberally," Dr. Rosenthal says. He recommends drinking about one glass (eight ounces) per hour; other doctors suggest eight glasses a day.

No wonder I feel extra light-headed this entire month... I'm fasting. 40 minutes more to go.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Good find asala,
Mother Natures' website sums up all I could find on the subject myself.

Beechcoma,
I'm assuming you are checking your blood pressure on a regular basic not just going on the symptoms themselves to believe you have low bp?

Blood pressure levels seem a bit of a mystery to me. My wife and I both have high blood pressure, yet experience some of the symptoms of low bp.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Hey I'll trade you some of my blood pressure. Mine is too high still, and thats with a good diet and exercise. If you want to trade, I'll be more than happy to give you some.

join