It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The madness has begun, Stark & Dingell Introduce Carbon Tax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Here's a guy who really is disturbing.

www.house.gov...

Summary of Draft Carbon Tax Legislation
Representative John D. Dingell
The earth is getting warmer and human activities are a large part of the cause. We need to act in order to prevent a serious problem. The world’s best scientists agree we need to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 60-80 percent by 2050 in order to limit the effects of global warming and this legislation will put us on track to do just that. " BLAH BLAH BLAH....

www.house.gov...

Please, by all means. Drop him a line as he invites you to do.
Better yet, just give him your credit card number....

Don't kid yourselves folks. It ain't about the Planet.
It's about Power, and Money. Your Money.
The way it's always been.
The 'Science' is far from settled. Nasa has been caught 'tweaking' the 'warming' data.
That's why the media has slowly been changing 'GLOBAL WARMING!!' to 'CLIMATE CHANGE!!!'
They know that the major prediction of AGW ( that the troposphere WILL warm faster than ground temp) is NOT happening. Oceans? Cooling. Troposphere? Cooling. Ground temps? (even with the fraud proven on tampering with the surface stations) Cooling. 1998 hottest year on record?
Nope. More nasa manipulation. It was 1934. Nasa had to retract their data publicly due to this guy:
Steve McIntyre

www.climateaudit.org...

If you sort of doubt the IPCC and nasa / noaa data, but have no proof of tampering and manipulation of data, well then, try his site:

www.climateaudit.org...-2114

I've posted this page since a huge part of AGW predictions are: ever worsening hurricanes.
Another failed prediction not publicized.
Money, Taxes, and Power. I can just see Hitlary rubbing her grubby little hands together.

mod edit: removed all caps in title

[edit on 10/12/2007 by Gools]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It'll be very interesting when it's proven that this global warming hype is proven to be a warming and cooling trend that's completely normal for our planet.

Dingell(berry) has about as much credibility on this issue as Gore. Just a bunch of hypocrites... nothing to see here... moving along.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
We have what they call a "Green Tax" in the UK. It's a money grabbing tax, every flight you take has a Green Tax attached, in their words a "carbon offset" tax. How on earth does my £10 extra tax on an internal flight actually reduce the carbon effect? They have had about £100 off me this year, What are they doing with it?
What do they "spend it on". It's a grubby stealth tax.
I am sick and tired of the "Green Issue".

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Global warming is not a hoax is real and we are experiencing a trend that took thousands of years. It is not the first and will not be the last.

It's going to happen regardless of humans or not humans to make it worst.

But what is real is the way that now many fraudulent groups will cash out on the global warming hype.

That is very real.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Infoholic

Oh, no doubt the earth goes through warming and cooling cycles. I actually read an interesting theory (granted on pravda) that theorizes the current trend may in fact have its roots in the Tunguska explosion.

However to pretend that our massive release of assorted greenhouse gasses - primarily CO2, paired with the destruction of CO2 respirators - in the last 60 years has had no effect, and the assert that such an effect cannot be altered, it just as silly as arguing the earth has always been in a constant, pristine state for all history

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Here's a thought...

If the green-tax money was channelled into material sciences R&D there would be funding available to develop a way to take atmospheric Carbon Dioxide which we are globally creating an excess of and extract the pure Carbon for use in a myriad of applications, such as Carbon-Fibre to manufacture lighter/stronger and therefore more fuel-efficient vehicles

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I read something on that many moons ago. Does "Pravda" still exist in its original format?
I know it is supposed to mean "Truth" in Russian.

top topics

join