It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giza: A Warning From Antiquity - Part 1

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

From previous.

Hans: Again he has put up a theory – no one in the scientific community has accepted this. Again Scott, seriously do you understand the difference between a proposed theory and one that has been accepted? I can state a theory – but it doesn’t make it fact.

SC: This is blatant misrepresentation, Hans. As I said at the top of this repsonse – ALL of Dr LaViolette’s predictions have materialised and been independently verified. These are the facts of the matter. That some scientists disagree with LaViolette’s interpretation of those facts is entirely their perogative but that does not alter or negate the facts of LaViolette’s work. However, the facts are there – Dr LaViolette presents them to us much in the same way I have presented the facts of my own research. We each have our own interpretation of those facts and THAT is where disagreement arises. What I find quite remarkable, however, is how well the dates I present in the Giza ‘codex’ match the dates Dr LaViolette presents through his own research. Two completely different approaches and yet we come up with dates that correlate reasonably well.

SC: Furthermore, you ignore the voice of the many anceint cultures from all opver the world who, in their own words, tell us the Earth's axis shifted.

Hans: That is your interpretation – which you need to support your own idea.

SC: With respect, Hans – these are not MY interpretations. Here is just a few that even you cannot fail to interpret what is being said:

And in those days, Noah saw the Earth had tilted and that its destruction was near.

- (Book of Noah 65.1)

Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof. The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

- (Book of Isaiah 24:1, 24:20)

The Incas believed that ‘in ancient times the Andes were split apart when the sky made war on the Earth.

- (National Geographic, June 1962, p. 87).

The Cahto Indians of California say simply ‘the sky fell’.

- (The Mythology of All Races, Cooper Square Publishers Inc., New York, 1964, volume X, p. 222).

‘Soon the fiery horses felt how their reins were in an unpractised hand. Rearing and swerving aside, they left their wonted way; then all the earth was amazed to see that the glorious Sun, instead of holding his stately, beneficent course across the sky, seemed to speed crookedly overhead and to rush down in wrath like a meteor.’

- Flood of Deucalion - (The Illustrated Guide to Classical Mythology, p. 15-17)

More...

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

From previous.

During the whole summer, the sun hid itself behind the clouds, as if unwilling to shine upon the earth. In the middle of the quietude, the earth began to quake as if it was dying. The mountains opened up to vomit forth fire and flames. Some of them sunk under the earth while in other places mountains rose out of the plains... Atland disappeared and the wild waves rose so high over the hills and dales that everything was buried under the seas. Many people were swallowed up by the earth and others who had escaped the fire perished in the waters.

- (The Oera Linda Book)

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as a sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

- (Book of Revelation 6:12, 6:13, 6:14).

Long ago, our ancestors lived in the world’s largest village. Life was care-free until the great chief of the heavens decided to destroy mankind by changing the sky and brining a worldwide flood. Survivors escaped in large canoes which took them to a new land whee they landed on a mountain.

- The Haida Myth

Long ago our ancestors lived on the island of Dilmun. Life was care-free until the sky-god and flood-god decided to destroy mankind by changing the sky and bringing a world-wide flood. Survivors escaped in a large ship which took them to a new land where they landed on a mountain.

- Sumerian Myth

SC: These ancient texts represent not even a scratch of what is available from just about every culture in every corner of the world. They can’t all be wrong, Hans.

SC: The survivors – from ALL of Earth’s cultures at that time - kept going.

Hans: And not a single one of them demonstrated a sliver of common technical knowledge? Not even common pottery.

SC: Have a look at the last two myths above (Haida and Sumerian). Do you notice a strong similarity? The Haida tribe are located on the Pacific coast of America, a world apart from the Sumerians who lived on the plains of Iraq. How is it possible to have such near identical myths? These people had common myths and – who knows – perhaps even shared a common heritage.

SC: So where do you think these crops suddenly, miraculously appeared from?

Hans: Ooops, you do realize that they didn’t miraculously appear don’t you Scott? They evolved quite slowly, in 10500 BC no grain crops were domesticated. I recommend you read Diamond’s work on this matter. As a matter of fact in most cases the original wild versions still exist we know where they were all from – none were introduced from an unknown area. I recommend you read about the evolution of the Maize and Emmer Wheat.

“SC hhmm – I wonder how that could have been?”

Hans: you probably need to do some study on this subject, it’s a rather large hole in the old idea eh?

SC: Vavilov determined eight independent centres of origin of the world’s most cultivated plants. Vavilov proved that most of the world’s domesticated crops were derived from plants that originated in mountain regions high above sea level. Quite remarkable, don’t you think, that Plato tells us the very same thing? Now, why do you think ancient people would be cultivating crops in the high mountains? I’ll give you a clue – think ‘flood’.

Best,

SC

<< 1   >>

join