It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This really isn't a very strange case, it appears to just be something moving with the wind. This sighting was on 8/31/07 from near the Pulaski County line in SW Little Rock. The time was 2:24 PM CDT, the sky was unusually clear, and the wind was from the NNE. I had an unobstructed view of the sky. Looking to the NNE, I saw something approaching in the sky, about 20 degrees above the horizon, that I thought was a piece of paper blowing in the wind. It was bright white. I noticed what I thought was a jet and contrail behind it in the far distance when I first saw it, but could not resolve it. It did not tumble, except once or twice it dimmed as if it might be tumbling. I thought it might be a bird, but it was clearly not acting like a bird, in that it was not dimming and brightening regularly like a bird would do flapping its wings. It seemed to be simply blowing in the wind. Fortunately, I had a camera, and took some pictures of it. The photos do not clear up what it is, however. It moved overhead and I lost it in the sun. I only saw it for a couple of minutes. It appeared to be far up, at least 2000 feet. I also took a photo of a jet with the same camera settings for comparison.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufoabduction
This really isn't a very strange case, it appears to just be something moving with the wind. ....

Interesting. I saw something like this recently in suburban D.C., although my estimate of altitude would be much lower - if as I perceived, it was moving straight and level. The perception of altitude could easily be wrong, especially when there are no clouds to upper bound it. It does seem that something moving with a breeze should tumble and drift a bit more and not make such a beeline.

Can you tell about how large the object is from your photographs and altitude estimate?

[edit on 9-10-2007 by disownedsky]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Looks like youve got a weather balloon in my opinion. I do work with them (in fact Ive got one up in the air now
), so it is an educated guess. Let me know if you want any other information on balloons

[edit on 9/10/2007 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments. I certainly don't insist on it being something strange, but I wish I had gotten more photos. Next time maybe I should use the video function, but I have trouble focusing it. Strangely, there was another UFO sighting reported on nuforc for the same day here in Little Rock, and it was somewhat stranger. A light in the evening sky was seen to spin off six other objects, and they then all disappeared.

[edit on 9-10-2007 by ufoabduction]

[edit on 9-10-2007 by ufoabduction]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Oh, yes, I forgot the request about the size. I would estimate 6-8 feet in the longest dimension, judging the height by the speed the object moved in the brisk wind.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I got a photo of a escaped balloon yesterday, and it seems that six feet would be a good estimate of the size of the UFO based on the photos that I obtained of it. The balloon was quite identifiable, but might also present aspects that would be difficult to explain. There are always possible explanations for any sighting. The other LR sighting the same day as mine, I first thought, might be Jupiter or Venus, but neither was up in the sky on 8-31, according to the ephemeris. It might have been a star, but I believe that there are unexplained phenomena, so it is just as likely to me that they saw exactly what they described. Human ignorance is infinite.--UFO

top topics

join