It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Injustice for all!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
why do people get upset when someone says something thats labeled as bad. a long time ago saying the earth was not the center of the galaxy was bad and look where we are now.

people are too narrow minded to realize that sometimes you have to say what you dont like about the way the world works so that other people who feel the same way will taike notice and thus the more people out there thionking the same thing the more likely that change will come from it. one person can't change the world but oe person can change the minds of other people take MLK as an example even Bin Laden they were/are fighting for their beliefs while MLK dont get me wrong i think bin ladden is the lowest scum in the face of Earth.

One thing i dont like is the way the legal system works and thats because it is unfair and i have yet to see justice be upheld. i think if you kill someone you should pay for it with your life but that it shoukld fall upon the family of the victim to carry it out. i think the father or mother or wife or spouse should be allowed to press the button that get old sparky going and if he cant doit then he can opt out for life in prisson for the perpetrator.

thats fair dont you think?

the police are another favorite subject of mine. i think the police is on a power trip and they need to be taught a lesson by taking some of their power away. now first let me say that i dont condone breaking the law but i do believe that there are some laws that are made to be broken. i know this statements are a contradioction to each other but let me explain my self.

first i dont think you should steal thats a law that should be upheld regardless of wether you are a homeless person trying to get a bite to eat.
i dont however think that traffice laws are effective and a stop sign in the middle of nowhere should be respected especially if there are no cars around.

the police have the right to protect themselves but it is my belief that they have become more agressive over the years especially since they are being given tool that may not kill people i stress the "may"

last week the police peppered sprayed a bunch of people regardless of who was in the audience this act is totally deplorable on their part and the result was that a baby was caught up in the middle of it. thats being agressive

a more passive force would have backed away instead of being confrontational but that was not the case and that not the case pretty much evrywhere else.

i understand the need for the use of force but it should be a last resort or donne on people who are committing real crimes like drug trafficking.

real crimes are acts that hurt other people not an unruly mob.

thats all i have to say for now i'm tired of typing lol

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I can't really find a way to disagree with you, except:

"i think the father or mother or wife or spouse should be allowed to press the button that get old sparky going and if he cant doit then he can opt out for life in prisson for the perpetrator. "

What about the taxpayers that have to pay for that mans meals and place to live till he dies??? That is a dilemna that we are facing this day. This link is just for Florida, but oklahoma is about the same to. I just haven't re-found the oklahoma link.

12. How much does it cost to incarcerate an inmate for a year?

In Fiscal Year 2004-05, it cost $18,108 a year or $49.61 a day to feed, clothe, house, educate and provide medical services for an inmate at a major prison, which is only $486 more per year than it cost the previous fiscal year. For more inmate cost per day information, go to www.dc.state.fl.us/ pub/annual/ 0405/budget.html.

I haven't been able to find the info for my state, New Mexico yet. If the family of the victim chooses life in prison do we, the taxpayers have to pay this? Or the victims family? I think the govt should still be in charge of sentencing. I should have to pay for somebody to live even though they deserve to die.

When I was in high school cops weren't allowed to carry tasers. Now they are commonly used tools????? Have you ever been shot with one of those? They hurt like nothing else. I wasn't shot by a cop, but I have a few crazy friends. ..... We do see more police brutality now and more tasering.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Timmyboi23

well we are humans and we have to take care of our own one way or the other right

new topics

join