It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jasn's Rant for Today -- "A Multitude of Rants" Israel - Seatbelt Laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hey guys and girls. Welcome to Jasn's first rant after a bit of a hiatus.

This particular rant will consist of a variety of things that have been biting at my bum for the last few weeks.

I would like to start this mega-rant off by addressing the issue that is the U.S./Israel vs The World (Iran at the moment).

Iran may very well be the seat of all that is evil in the universe. However, I'm getting sick and tired of all the Israel praising that's going on. Am I the only one that sees the SEVERE double standards going on here?

The lunatic of Iran makes so much as a comment about Israel and it's on the news and villainized almost immediately. Yet, the Israeli prime ministers, and other prominent Israeli citizens, have been screaming for a genocide (in so many words) of the non-jewish arabs for DECADES and you hear hardly a peep about it. At what point did EVIL become conditional?

Is it not as bad for a palestinian child to die at the hands of a SAVAGE Israeli as it is for an Israeli child to die at the hands of a SAVAGE Palestinian?

I'm sorry people, but evil and unjustness are NOT simple black and white issues. There are no sides where the good and evil segregate themselves. G & E intermingle amongst ALL corners of society. And, unfortunately, evil seems to gain a much better power stronghold than good. That is where the problem comes in with the whole middle east CRAP.

Absolute power has indeed corrupted absolutely in the United States government, the Israeli government, the Palestinian government and so forth and so on. All of the freaking people running this show right now seem to have far more evil in them than the average citizen.

This being the case, I find it VERY VERY VERY hard to understand why some people can so blindly support ANY side in this conflict.

We need to open our eyes and see the truth for what it is. This whole ordeal is no a simple one and there are no good and bad guys fighting. The puppet masters that are killing your sons and daughters in an unneeded ware are EVIL, EVIL and EVIL. There is no good in these attrocities, it doesn't matter what country you "support".

and now, on to a lighter subject......well, of sorts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the freaking deal with seatbelt laws?

I understand the use of MOST traffic laws such as DUI and the speed limit because these things can hurt/kill OTHER drivers. However, if I CHOOSE not to wear my seatbelt, who am I harming other than myself? Does anyone have the ability to justify these laws other than yet ANOTHER stupid reason for the cops to pull you over and/or fine you?

IF the government were truly trying to protect us in this method, why not just BAN VEHICLES? After all, that silly seatbelt may save you, but what good does it do when the shotgun blast of the airbag breaks your neck?

Of all the auto related laws, this one is indeed the MOST STUPID to me.

moving on....

-------------------------------------------------------------

Alcoholic/Junkie Self Pity.

As some of you know, I was a BAD alcoholic for a good 3 years or more. Seeing as such, it makes me SICK when I see a self pitying alcoholic or drug addict.

I mean COME ON PEOPLE. Unless you are COMPLETELY ignorant and sheltered from the world and any media outlet, you have NO RIGHT to pity yourself for your habit.

From the moment you decided that you were going to put the poison into YOUR body, you became SOLELY responsible for your problem.

Naturally, I know that there are some people who get hooked on junk against their will. For example, I'm sure most have heard the case of women being drugged (usually with heroin/morphine) for the purpose of control or rape and then becoming hooked. Of course, these poor folks are no included in this rant.

However, those of you who have a problem you can't kick simply because you felt like you'd be stupid at some point and try to slink away from your problems with the help of a bottle/needle/whatever have ZERO right to your own pity.

If most of you would put the same amount of effort into quitting as you do into whining, you could probably COLD TURKEY whatever particular "illness" afflicts you.

If you don't care enough about your own self to doing what you know you need to do, WHY ON EARTH should someone else care enough about you?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

More later, probably.

Jasn

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Israel has religious freedom, despite being the sole Jewish country.

Palestine does not. Iran does not.

Israel has sexual equality.

Palestine does not, at least culture-wise. Same with Iran.

Israel does not persecute homosexuals.

Palestine and Iran do.

Can you see why I sympathize with the Israelis?

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
While I agree with what you are saying about double standards. I think the best thing we could do would be to shoot all the bloody politicians, as most people could probally get along just fine without all the war mongering and anti this and that statements from the political nut jobs!!

Seatbelts! If your sitting in the back of a car and you don't wear one, and the car has a head on smash. The driver may be saved by their air bag, but the speeed you come crashing into the back of them with, will quite probally kill them!! Ho hum, you've just killed ya Grandma!! Your choice right!!

Political assessment: Good

Seatbelt assessment: Bad

Still you can't be right all the time!!

MonKey

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
I find it VERY VERY VERY hard to understand why some people can so blindly support ANY side in this conflict.

I guess "blindly" is the key word, eh? But knowing as I do that the Zionists made an unjustified land grab to create their Israeli state,

and that they have never at any time adhered to the UN mandated borders that were a condition of said "state,"

and that they won't let the Palestinian refugees return,

and that they are in violation of about 50 UN resolutions,

and that the Palestinian people are brutalized hourly by US funded war machinery,

and that the press refuses to tell the truth about said brutalization,

and that Israel's AIPAC and other lobbies are responsible for our illegal and dangerous aggressions in the Mideast,

and that the Israelis knowingly and wantonly attacked the USS Liberty...

I don't have any problem at all siding with the Palestinians.

Welcome back, Jasn!

top topics

join