It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beginning/End Theories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
There are so many great ideas about how it all started, and how it's all going to fizzle out in the end.

The big bang theory seems to continue to hold the most weight, but in order for that theory to be complete, we kind of need to know what happened before the event. Right now i believe we assume that the forces of nature were combined into one super force that held everthing in check. This doesn't really explain how it was able to hold everything in check, for how long, or what caused the breakdown and thus the big bang.

Of course, it seems a bit easier to consider that something (God, ID) was behind this all along, quietly putting order and patience into effect to form what we exist in today. This makes sense, sure, but from a scientific perspective, it's a cop out. Intelligent Design answers the grand question without any real scientific evidence. So, to try and go toe-to-toe with science on the matter is kind of laughable.

So how is it going to end, then? Scientists want to explore this question, definitely. I don't know that i've ever heard an Intelligent Design theory regarding the end. While Intelligent Design may explain away how it all began, it's more difficult to explain in scientific terms how "God" will end it.

I've read a bit about The Big Rip, that everything just continues to fly apart, further and further until mass itself begins to come apart. I personally find this idea horrifying, especially because it's not without merit. I think the core behind this theory is that expansion of the universe is actually speeding up. However, the flaw for me is that just because we're still accelerating now, that doesn't mean we'll never begin to slow down. Nonetheless, a big part of me doesn't want this theory to be true.

The rubber-band theory holds the most weight for me. The universe expands and collapses, over and over again, a self-sustaining organism of its own. I don't really know what kind of opposition exists for this beyond the big rip theory, but i'm interested if anyone knows.

My final theory (today, at least) is that as matter continues to fly apart, it will be collected by black holes in stationary positions as well as on the move. Eventually, galaxies will collapse in on themselves. Black holes will begin to attract other black holes, creating even larger gravitional forces. Eventually, everything will come back to a singularity that will instantly ignite and expand. The problem i have with this idea is that it would have to mean that black holes that collide with other black holes, to a certain point in size, would not really have a reaction other than to just absorb into one. But the final two black hole collisions would have to be different than the others. Maybe they'll be significant enough in energy to cause the necessary reaction.

I don't know. What do you think?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
here another theory in addition to your own which i have also thought about

picture a fractal with 1 focus area being our universe, now picture each growth from the main fractal is another universe caused by a black hole on the main universe, as the black holes suck in matter new universes are born via white holes ,this is the gateway , the black hole is a rupture with the other end being the birth of a new universe consistently sucking matter out from its parent universe this process repeats and repeats to form the 3d fractal of existence, call it existence reproduction, the parent universe are known as GOD to the offspring universes GOD = FATHER/MOTHER

now thew only things that this dosent explain is, what/who created the 1st universe

another alternative is that if you believe that god may be the sum of all things , well then god created the realm of the realitive (the universe) to experience itself from a separate perspective so we are all god split up each with amnesia or our origin all living to experience every polarity and feeling and situation possible to then return to the source with the benefit of this experience, ie god prior to the universe was the knowing, we being god experienced is the doing and once we become god again with the benefit of both the knowing and the doing , we become the being, the final step

[edit on 6-10-2007 by mouldy crumpet]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cyfre

This is heavy stuff Cyfre. So we are basicall the scum from the foam of a great self renewing Existence? I somehow feel that our thoughts alone put us aside from mere existence in the same manner as a tortoise or a lizard. We are 'something other' and I think this is where I have to go for the theistic explanation. Science cannot answer the basic questions:

a) Why am I here?
b) What is my role here?

Only theistic explanations give us an answer. Science focuses its magnifying glass on bits here and there but religion sees the whole of the moon.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Theistic explanations do not provide answers, they provide more speculation, only without observable evidence. That's not to say it's incorrect, but Intelligent Design most certainly does not provide anything concrete.

No, we are not foam scum. I personally believe that consciousness may exist as a medium through which reality is manifested. Picture consciousness as an ocean where everything that exists is suspended. This in no way suggests Intelligent Design, and it's just as difficult to explain as any other theory that exists today.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cyfre

Cyfre, let me make my position clear here. I am not on the conventional ID platform. I see Design but try to be rational on my own terms not those of the ID-ers.

The explanation of consciousness you have given is epiphenomenalistic. The explanation I referred to on a separate thread is scientifically validated. The origin of a conscious moment is completely open to explanation from theists, deists and atheists alike. I agree it is difficult to explain.

new topics

top topics

join