It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal experiences/awakening..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Okie people, this is going to be a long first thread post for me! I've experienced a lot over the past two years, and, my senses appear to be opening up to spirits around me. I'm doing this, because, i need advice to ensure i'm not losing my mind, or to see whether i've got some "power" or whatever there, that i didn't previously know about. Please take the time to read what i have posted, and give your honest opinion! I'll be most grateful, and will reply to all :-).

Firstly, i was in the bath...it was daylight, and the lights had BLOWN in the bathroom, literally, they were dead, could not work anymore. I knew it because i attempted many times to get them to work out of laziness from simply walking down stairs and getting new ones...Anyhow, i was in the bath, in the daylight, it was coming up to Mothers Day and i thought i'd get my Nana some flowers aswell as my Mother, since it'd be nice for her. And literally, the second i thought it, the lights flashed back on again. That was my first taste of wierd activity.

Secondly, i had my ex-girlfriend over at my house, and i was napping in my room, she came up to wake me after whatever time, and when i woke up, i could hear rattling next to me, and she was completely white in the face and appeared to be in slight shock..basically, scared #less. And, the mirror was rattling on the wall. Or in other words, shaking on the wall! She said it had been doing that for two minutes as she was trying to wake me up, and it took a minute or so to stop after i woke up.

Thirdly, i was alone one night not too long ago. Sitting downstairs, in the backroom at the computer, the front room is right next to me and half of it including the mirror is within my line of sight. It was very early morning, but almost completely daylight, and i could see shadows whipping around out of the corner of my eye, literally as if they were flying around near, in and around the mirror. I ignored this and put it down to being tired, which in all honesty, i wasn't really. Then the room went stone cold, yet it was different..it's a really strange feeling, you feel cold to the bone, yet it's not really "cold"..really hard for me to explain in words. And then, the wierdest thing happened, it felt like someone firmly rubbed their fingers through the back of my hair! I was totally freaked out by this point...i played guitar to ignore it, but it stayed constant, and i could feel things brushing past me and the temperature stayed constant. So, i decided, sod this, i'm going to bed lol. I went into the front room, and the temperature at first was fine, then it dipped into this cold-to-the-bone feeling, and i swiftly made my way upstairs. When i got to the bathroom, the temperature returned to normal, but i could smell my Grandad. So, i washed and brushed my teeth, as you do...made my way into bed, and once i got into bed, the temperature dropped again, and i saw an orb, that then changed into the shape of an arm and disappeared! Strangely, i wasn't scared. Anyhow, for me, that's not the half of it yet....

I had been asking and praying (i never usually pray for anything), that my Grandad would show me, tell me or in any way, enlighten me about the afterlife. As strange as this sounds, i felt like i needed to know what to do, before i die, incase i do something wrong or believe the wrong thing which in turn messes the whole thing up for me.... Anyhow! After many weeks of asking for him, out loud, that he would come to me in a dream or in any way he possibly could, to tell me what i believe i needed to know, and he did. And bear in mind, two weeks before it happened, i had stopped asking him all together...i'd literally forgotten about it, preoccupied with other things.

This dream, what happened was;

[edit on 5-10-2007 by Alesanjin]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Me and my Mum were going to the bank in scooters, the type old people use, to withdraw money. And as i went to the cash machine, some guy came up behind me, grabbed my head and forced his knee into the bottom of my back and pushed it into my back and pulled my head backwards, until it felt like my back was breaking. Then, for some reason, he ran off... I ran after him until i got to the corner of my road and it went all black and i realised it's dangerous and could be a trap, so i turned round to find my mum, and she came around the corner with my Grandad, who, strangely enough, was pushing himself in a pram. Anyhow, this is the part of the dream that felt really "real", i said in shock "Why are you here?" And he said "Because i sensed you were in danger from Heaven," So i said, "Oh, ok. Does Heaven and Hell exist?" And he said, "Not quite, Heaven is the essence of everything,".

And, more recently; I was going to bed, locked up the house and everything.. i went into the front room and picked up my dog, to take him up with me.. and when i turned around, i had a clear view of inside our conservatory.. and i clearly saw a hooded figure, a black cloak, no face.. and it felt like it was looking right "into" me, or, into my soull. It scared me, a lot! I've never experienced anything like that before.. i'd like some opinions on what that could of been.

That same night, i barely slept at all.. when i finally got to sleep, i had a dream that some guy who commited suicide earlier this year, who was good friends with my best friend, but i barely knew him.. came to me in my dream, and was trying to tell me something.. he was speaking, but i couldn't quite understand him. It was clearly English, but, it sounded all mixed up.. near the end of the dream, he was drawing on a pad, but i never saw what it was. We were in a setting, that was a party, basically.. and according to people i've discussed it with, that's what he loved to do in life! Partying, laughing and having a good time..and most of all, he loved to draw... This freaked me out a bit.

Since these experiences, and especially recently, i feel i can sense spirits whenever they are near me, and if i concentrate, i can see them.. what the hell is going on? lol, it's a bit daunting for me.

Any opinions, help or insight you can give me would be great! I'd also love to see your stories too... Mods feel free to move my thread if it's in the wrong place, or if it exists already..

Alex x

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Seeing shadows and feeling * cold to the bones * is something I experience often. I get so chilled inside that nothing helps me but a steaming hot bath, even when its warm in the house...I have experienced some things in the past but what I'm dealing with now is different...[PAST]When I was sixteen years old I was what my mom says *raped by a demon*... I dont know if that is really what it was but after explaining what happened to my mom she told me the same thing happened to her before..I have read that it has happened to several women...When I was seventeen years old and pregnant, I woke up in the middle of the night...I couldnt move or scream or anything...I saw six faces circling above my bed...Three weeks later I had a miscarriage...I was in my forth month...The doctors told me my baby had been dead inside of me for around 3-4 weeks...I also had an experience while taking a bath..I was home alone and in the tub and i could smell food cooking and heard noises in the laundry room which use to be a kitchen...It was the room ajoined to the bathroom...These things all happened in the same house...After moving out I haven't had things like that happen anymore.[/PAST] [PRESENT] I had a dream that a gunman was standing on a stage in a large building shooting people and two days later there was a shooting at a college in Illinois . The guy carried a gun in a gutair case and stood on a stage in the lecture hall and opened fire...He killed five students then killed himself...After that dream I dreamed that my niece was in a car wreck, four days later she was...She almost died...I dreamed that my dads twin brother was going to die...He didnt die but he had to have open heart surgery...Coensidence? Maybe..I don't know..you tell me...But ya, now since all these dreams started I have been seeing shadows, getting chills, feeling someone looking over my shoulder and hearing doors open and close so I know how you feel...[/PRESENT]

PS...No not pregnant by the demon..That was a totally different thing...

[edit on 21-5-2008 by ibgrace]

[edit on 21-5-2008 by ibgrace]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Oh ya...one more thing...Have you by any chance ever in your life dreamed about a old man dressed in a nice suit with a hat and a cane, smoking a cigar and has a mole on his face ? I know that might sound dumb that I asked this but most people that I have talked to that see ghost or have dreams have seen this same man in a dream...Mostly seen him when we where children...Just wondering if you have, or anyone that reads this for that matter...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ibgrace

Sorry for the late reply! I've been dead busy..

And wow, that sounds really freaky, the stuff you've been through

I dunno.. My guess as to what could be happening to us both, is perhaps what I've read by many psychic people.

Everyone, apparently has psychic abilites. Obviously, they will differ, but, still psychic all the same. Maybe that's what's happening to us? Bits and pieces coming together, where and when we may need it.. or maybe even forced upon us, such as your case.

I'm gonna give you a blog space that has helped me A LOT in regards to spirits and the afterlife.

metgat.gaia.com...

He does research into mediums accounts of the afterlife, and I've found out so much from this guy. He's 100% genuine, I trust him entirely

I hope I'm not too late in my reply. I'll keep an eye out for your next post

new topics

top topics

join