It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manipulation of events with time travel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I first heard this being discussed on Coast to Coast with Art Bell as the host. The discussion was over whether or not some people had memory of certain events that differed form how they are today, and if time travel had changed them. Here are some examples: Some people including myself seemed to recall Nelson Mandella actually dying in prison. There are currently two rovers on mars, but didn't the second rover burn up in the atmosphere? If so, then when did they launch the third.

It might just be that a lot of people are not up to date. However I thought it might be interesting to see if any one had any other events that they remebered having a different outcome.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Um. I think the only thing that affects my memory of things is age (getting older), being a mother and how tired and stressed I am. Other then that, I have traveled all over - including outside the States, and all that travel has never affected my memory of events.

I guess it could be affected if I just got off a 7hr flight, and while exhausted and experiencing jet lag, someone quizzed me on world events. LOL

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
What they were discussing was whether or not world events had been changed by people traveling through time, and whether or not certain people were still able to recall the original outcome of events before they had been changed.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wsamplet

Oh! OK, I understand what you are saying. Quite interesting. I will look forward to reading others responses. I myself dont buy into, but that is just little ol me. LOL

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wsamplet

I think it is a very interesting theory. There are several good discussion threads on ATS about parallel universes and alternate time lines. Try using the ATS search function and I'm sure you will find what you are looking for.

That being said. I just found a sketch book that I bought for my son a few months ago and had put away recently while cleaning up a bit. We looked through it and there were three pictures that I had absolutely no memory of drawing for him. He remembered it clearly but I would swear I had not drawn them except for the annoying little fact that the evidence was right there in front of me. It was definitely wierd. Age? I don't know.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Though not necessarily on the Coast to Coast show, some people believe that "remembering" things differently is the result of the existence of parallel universes where things happened somewhat differently in each one. When such universes "leak" into one another, this is when alternate memories are said to occur to some individuals.

Personally, I do believe in the theory of alternate or parallel universes though I am still undecided on the effect, if any, that each one has on the others.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Here's one for you guys! I swear I remember hearing a story back in the mid 1970's about a young man claiming he had worked for the Govt. at area 51 on recovered UFO's. I remember the name of the man as Bob Lazar. However, as you folks know, Bob Lazar didn't come forward until 1989. In this time-line anyway! Anyone else remember such a story from the 1970's???

new topics

top topics

join