It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Granholm and How she's messing up Michigan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Well, for everyone who lives in michigan, and knows something about what is going on in this state. This is about how granholm is messing things up more and more everyday.

Governor Says Raising Taxes Will Put Michigan in Better Light

Governor Jennifer Granholm says hiking revenue by nearly $1.5 billion sends a message to Wall Street that the state is on solid, stable footing again. The state's bond rating, as you may know, has been battered in recent years with an economy stuck in low gear. While State Treasurer Robert Kleine says the Michigans' bond rating won't improve overnight, he thinks it should rise in the next year.

Sited: www.wlns.com...

Raise taxes, put michigan in an Even bigger Deficit. Granholm, I personally think is getting worse worse everytime I hear about her. She raises taxes, thinking it would help out the state. Shuts down the government.. because she thinks it is good for michigan... I think she is the worst thing to ever happen to michigan.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Yes, I am definitly disappointed with Granholm. The economy is worsening here in MI and what is she doing??? Pretty much nothing. One thing that irks me a bit is the pending arrival of 100,000 Iraqi refugees to the metro-detroit area (warren, sterling heights, troy, etc.) Michigan has one of the worse unemployment rates already...where are 100,000 more people going to find jobs? My guess is that this means 100,000 more on the welfare system. Not bashing anyone on welfare, but throughout my life, my father has been laid off from his job many times. During these times (late 80's early 90's) it was near impossible for him to find another job. That was over 10 years ago, and the Michigan economy was not near as bad as it is now. Why bring in 100,000 more people who need work, money, and medical benefits when people who have worked for the "former" big 3 cannot even find jobs?

join