It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ozone affects females more than men

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
WOW!!! looky here, I think that the men are going to last a lot longer than that of females... It kind of sucks, because well... apparently the ozone is messing with women a lot more than that of men. Not trying to be a biased female and say that Females usually get the perverbial "short end of the stick", but in all honesty, we have. Now here is some more proof on how we as females are getting "messed up" again.

Study: Ozone affects females more than men

HERSHEY, Pa., June 27 (UPI) -- A Penn State University College of Medicine study suggests air pollution has a more significant effect on the immune systems of females than of males.

Researchers studied mice exposed to ozone and then infected with pneumonia. Significantly more females than males died from the infection.

"If we could extrapolate what we found to the human population, it would mean women with lung infections may be at higher risk for negative outcomes if they are exposed to high amounts of air pollution, and in particular, ozone," said Professor Joanna Floros.

Sited at: www.sciencedaily.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/10/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Then again, I think females live longer than men naturally, so maybe this evens it out. Besides, I think the next world is more exciting than this one if its any consolation.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sharati

Wow this is very interesting, and it is ture that women do generally live longer than men. Glad i'm a guy

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Eat that females...its about time something good went to our side.
Females living longer makes me feel jealous.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I feel sorry for them, especially the ones in developing 3rd world countries. Even though we got rid of all those CFCs in the 60's and 70's, there is probably still a decent amount of OZONE still being put in the atmosphere ...And it's only gonna get worse.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by PizzaCrust]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
You should see what 'obsession' does to them at the club. Whoa Milly!

new topics

top topics

join